Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

Hi Guys and girls!

I would like to know if any of you know a company that manufactures tri suits, and that will be willing to make just 1 suit... saw some freaken good looking suits and I am not settling for my plain black kit again...HELP !!

been checking the hub and basically every site, but no luck at all...

Check out www.epixgear.com

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys and girls!

I would like to know if any of you know a company that manufactures tri suits, and that will be willing to make just 1 suit... saw some freaken good looking suits and I am not settling for my plain black kit again...HELP !!

been checking the hub and basically every site, but no luck at all...

You may have better luck bringing one into the country. The Wattie Ink suits are amazing, but be prepared to pay for it though. 

• 2 weeks later...

no tribar no overtaking for the first part?!?!?!

Still the short and chaotic inner loop!!

Bike Course

Athletes will exit Transition 1 and continue along the Promenade for approximately 2kms, until just past Transition 2 at the Suncoast Car Park : this Promenade portion of the bike route is a “no tribars riding, no overtaking section”; a yellow card will be issued should you break this rule. The exit off the Promenade will be to the left, under the underpass (of the run route) towards the Moses Mabhida Stadium, turn right onto the M12 / Masabalala Yengwa Avenue, right into Isaiah Ntshangase Road and then left onto the M4 Ruth First Highway, northbound towards Zimbali. The M4 Ruth First Highway will be closed to traffic in both directions. Athletes continue along the M4 and turn around at the second Zimbali Circle and then cycle back towards Durban. On return, at the M4 / Sandile Thusi (M17) intersection, athletes will turn 180 degrees around the centre median and cycle back out along the M4 highway for a second (short) inner-loop. Athletes head out to the Prospect Hall / Waterkant Road off-ramp, over the highway and return onto the M4 towards Durban again. When the athlete gets to the Sandile Thusi (M17) intersection for the second time, they again turn 180 degrees around the centre median and back along the M4 for only 1km to the Isaiah Ntshangase Road (Country Club) exit. Here the athletes will turn left off the M4 and left again into Masabalala Yengwa Avenue and around King's Park Swimming Pool Complex. The athletes then turn left again onto Battery Beach Road, travel back to the Battery Beach Circle on Snell Parade and into the Transition 2 area in the Suncoast Car Park.

Originally from: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/durban/course.aspx#ixzz4gCMdyw6D

good morning gents any idea whats up with Coleen mentioning last night in the Fb live chat about no pros participating in Durban?

good morning gents any idea whats up with Coleen mentioning last night in the Fb live chat about no pros participating in Durban?

Yeah - no pros are permitted to enter. This is confirmed by a fellow tri-club member who is a friend of a female pro. 

They are not even allowed to race if they forfeit any prize money. I don't really understand why. However, any pro athlete would not race if there was no prize money anyway. So - all a little confusing. 

Edited by EmJayZA

yip and i am not where i wanted to be, training wise. So just going to go out and enjoy my 1st 70.3

Hope the rest of you are at least doing better in your training

yip and i am not where i wanted to be, training wise. So just going to go out and enjoy my 1st 70.3

Hope the rest of you are at least doing better in your training

the struggle is real also have the same feeling of not being were i should bee its been a long year took last week of and rested for 7 days hope to make up for it in the next 4 weeks. 

I still dont get why they make the bike loop so messy, there must be an easier way for them to do it without creating that messy little bit at the end.

Seems this is turning into the beginner 70.3 for SA with no pros racing.

Still really want to do this one though.

I still dont get why they make the bike loop so messy, there must be an easier way for them to do it without creating that messy little bit at the end.

you might have a point there,they might use us as Ginny pigs for the split transition ,before the pros return next year.

Will by my 3rd Durban, 1st one we swam, last year we queued for the long dualthlon, this year we have the double transition.... so will be able to give feedback on which is better.

I still don't like the neutral 2km cycle zone on the promenade straight after the swim.  Think this is going to be messy with 3000 athletes and joe public... it is bad enough on the run leg, now we have adrenaline pumped athletes trying to make up for a bad swim or just going for it..... I predict chaos!!

you might have a point there,they might use us as Ginny pigs for the split transition ,before the pros return next year.

Its very interisting with no pro's racing-and it might be a reason-also no pro's means no prize money they have to fork out. Wonder what the real reason is for this but I dont think it is altruism.

Yeah - no pros are permitted to enter. This is confirmed by a fellow tri-club member who is a friend of a female pro. 

They are not even allowed to race if they forfeit any prize money. I don't really understand why. However, any pro athlete would not race if there was no prize money anyway. So - all a little confusing. 

How the training going you ready?