Bonus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ja, and all the SAGAN lovers, please dont say he would have bunny hopped the barrier, signed several autographs and crossed the finish line before the yellow jersey came through.

He wouldn't! He would have grabbed some bum as well!

Can we just imagine quickly if we changed it around.

Sagan against the barriers and going down with Cav drifting across.

Sagz doesn't take wheels where he would get so easily boxed out and prefers positioning further forward in the run up to the line with maybe one or two riders to overhaul for the line to claim victory. That's his MO.

They know that he couldn't do that.... he sometimes struggles to just ride next to them.

However, once you look at the replays you can see that "The Jacket" went for a gap that wasn't there. 

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/Crash805pp.jpg

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  **** move by the jacket IMO.

The facts are that the commissionaires were going to take a harsh stance w.r.t. unsafe sprinting. This was communicated to the racers before the tour started. The 3 second rule was another attempt to clear the road for the sprinters by allowing the GC trains to not try and sit in the sprint. 

Unfortunately, the world champ had to pay the price. Whether we agree or not with their [re]actions, this is how it is. 

People taking single frames / phrases and place them into contexts that suits them are not adding to the overall debate of the happenings, but just spreading confusion.

The only real items of interest are

1. What happened during the chats the various teams had with the commissionaires

2. The reasoning process of the commissionaires (taking away the deflection about them not being racers), and

3. The evidence the commissionaires took into account to reach their verdict.

We are not privy to the above 3 items, so anything else is actually just speculation or attempts to justify own points of view

I agree with your post, especially the 3 points raised!

But on the highlighted part, I do differ a bit.

When this first happened, I was of the opinion that Sagan was at fault, I even Tweeted as much. But through the presentation of these facts and subsequent opinions of the Pros, I changed my opinion.

They know that he couldn't do that.... he sometimes struggles to just ride next to them.

However, once you look at the replays you can see that "The Jacket" went for a gap that wasn't there. 

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/Crash805pp.jpg

Sagan just practicing his XCO skills and Berm riding.....

I agree with your post, especially the 3 points raised!

But on the highlighted part, I do differ a bit.

When this first happened, I was of the opinion that Sagan was at fault, I even Tweeted as much. But through the presentation of these facts and subsequent opinions of the Pros, I changed my opinion.

So with the facts and fake news presented to you - you changed lanes? :whistling:

Patch, I think everyone who saw it at real world speed first time round, had to have thought it was a douche move by PS. The co-incidence of the movements all appeared to make it look deliberate. I was shouting at the TV when I first saw it myself. Had to slow everything down to get some better views and work out how it all went down. Imagine that was the case for everyone except those who have personally lived the highly charged sprint finish at this level!

Sagz doesn't take wheels where he would get so easily boxed out and prefers positioning further forward in the run up to the line with maybe one or two riders to overhaul for the line to claim victory. That's his MO.

Lol at easily boxed, they went from middle of the road to the barrier.

Please TH, that SAGZ tramp stamp is clouding your judgement  :whistling:

Sagan just practicing his XCO skills and Berm riding.....

Has his technique down... lean the bike.... :thumbup:

Patch, I think everyone who saw it at real world speed first time round, had to have thought it was a douche move by PS. The co-incidence of the movements all appeared to make it look deliberate. I was shouting at the TV when I first saw it myself. Had to slow everything down to get some better views and work out how it all went down. Imagine that was the case for everyone except those who have personally lived the highly charged sprint finish at this level!

Yup 100%

????????????????????????

Just to be sure..You supporting who for GC?

' Berto and Quintana ????????

Haha! Sagz tramp stamp! :thumbup:

Just need to pick an artist for the application and I'll post the finished piece back ekse.... :whistling:

Don't fall for it TH, they are trying to make it about you and not your argument... ;)