Bonus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I have never really enjoyed Aru but I must say his win yesterday did leave me rather impressed. I'll give him a thumbs up for that.

No Aru fan myself but that was a gutsy, ride your heart out attack with a well deserved win. Makes for good viewing as well.

I was most surprised with how Froome attacked and then shut it down after shaking NQ, AC, SY and the rest of the elite peloton in the final climb BUT before trying to ride onto Aru. That was telling for me yesterday. Clearly not a stage where he and Porte wanted to put everything on the table, or the legs aren't there on the short steep stuff....

I was most surprised with how Froome attacked and then shut it down after shaking NQ, AC, SY and the rest of the elite peloton in the final climb BUT before trying to ride onto Aru. That was telling for me yesterday. Clearly not a stage where he and Porte wanted to put everything on the table, or the legs aren't there on the short steep stuff....

Froome said during the interview afterwards that they made a mistake at that point and should perhaps have gone straight after Aru. 

Talking about Froome, he has clearly lifted his game since the Dauphine and is looking very good and confident at the moment. It seems as if the slow build up he had this year is now beginning to pay dividends and I expect him to get even stronger as the tour progresses. 

Not sure why people are surprised by Aru. .when Aru feels good he is good, it when the chips are down that he struggles mentaly.

They gave him too much room..because they underestimated him, they won't do that again. Now Astana will have to share some of the work. .well that's if BMC don't do it for them as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You called it. (Aru)

You called it. (Aru)

He he I did yes.

Should've put money on it and had him in my starting lineup.

Froome said during the interview afterwards that they made a mistake at that point and should perhaps have gone straight after Aru. 

Talking about Froome, he has clearly lifted his game since the Dauphine and is looking very good and confident at the moment. It seems as if the slow build up he had this year is now beginning to pay dividends and I expect him to get even stronger as the tour progresses. 

I concur... I think he will also have less of a peak and more of a plateau of form...

And I think Aru wont be much to worry about as time goes on. I would be surprised if he does remain a contender. Just like I would be surprised if Contador becomes a contender.

Main-cheese needs to up his game also if he is going to catch Yates.

I concur... I think he will also have less of a peak and more of a plateau of form...

And I think Aru wont be much to worry about as time goes on. I would be surprised if he does remain a contender. Just like I would be surprised if Contador becomes a contender.

White jersey will def be very interesting to follow.

The climb was too short and explosive for Meintjes, when they get to the 15km + climbs in the Alps Yates should get dropped before Meintjes.

Louis should get better. He has to. He's the only man in my current 7-man Fantasy Tour team that has contributed nada...

It could be a complicated finish today

a0977afa42362c216c28c884dc95e699.jpg

The red triangle above the previous roundabout is the 1km to go mark, so the last roundabout is literally a little over a 100m or so from the finish! P-Poor planning....

Gonna be hard for the peloton to come through there unscathed with all the jostling and funnelling into that finish stretch.

(Wonder what the UCI will be compelled to get up to at the end of this stage!)

Edited by Tubehunter

The red triangle above the previous roundabout is the 1km to go mark, so the last roundabout is literally a little over a 100m or so from the finish! P-Poor planning....

Gonna be hard for the peloton to come through there unscathed.

(Wonder what the UCI will be compelled to get up to at the end of this stage!)

maybe it will force them to go single file and cause a safer sprint.  the fight before the roundabout is gonna be crazy though