Bonus

Ok 10 bucks on Porte being first to attack today...will be him or Fugelsang..They both a bit overcooked and need to gain time while they have the form.

Or Froome is going to surprise us and go big.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, anyone know why Demare had no FDJ branding on the biggest tricolor skin suit ever? Wonder if FDJ are peed about that.

YES I know. .

Ha the commentator spoke about it yesterday.. their team manager is a purest and believes the French jersey doesn't need to be covered in sponsor logo.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ok 10 bucks on Porte being first to attack today...will be him or Fugelsang..They both a bit overcooked and need to gain time while they have the form.

If I cared. I would say Aru will be the surprise today.

They apparently do have a lot of advertising slots. .

BUT

They are handling this very well..

Spare a thought for Juraj who as his room mate would've had one hell of a job keeping Sagan calm.. and I know Sags is a chill guy but no way he would've been chill last night. Even if they change the decision it would've already had a negative impact on the team..don't think many people at Bora would've slept well if at all last night and we know cyclist need rest.

You gotta do the best with situation you are served. 

Do you think anyone would notice if Peter slipped into his brothers Slovak national jersey and rode today?

*obviously would cut his hair and wear motocross goggles. duh*

A post with no mention of the word fact, elbow, line or unfair. You seem to be missing the thread today, we are beating a dead horse still

My man Froomey... Every day.

Not even science understand Froome

And yes I also thin that he'll win TDF this year

its just an angle, you realise he didnt even contact him with that elbow right?

But what was his intention ?

The cycling gods at TDF must have taken that into consideration otherwise he'd still be there.

Here is something to ponder.

Think of this another way - if you are cut off in a similar "squeeze you out" manner in rush hour traffic, when everyone is jostling for position, remember that you are just trying to squeeze into a gap that wasn't there... no need to get upset.

So when Kittel got cut off during a sprint last year by Cavendish - he was also squeezing into a gap that wasn't there

To quote report from Mail Online last year...

Cavendish said he had no idea there was a problem until he was waiting to speak to television reporters after the finish.

"Obviously I didn't see it because I was in front," the Dimension Data rider said. "The first I knew of it was when I was waiting to give the flash interview at the finish. It is a coming together but if you look we're next to the barriers and it's him coming off the barriers more than anything.

"I haven't spoken to him. He hit me on the back after but I thought he was saying 'well done'."

Kittel, who made his move first but ended up finishing fifth behind fellow German John Degenkolb, was unimpressed.

"I started my sprint, I was on the inside, really well positioned," the Etixx-QuickStep rider said. "Then just before the line, he moved to the right, touched my shoulder and I had to brake.

"If I say what I think is fair .... It wasn't fair, the decision of the jury wasn't correct. I'm pretty p*****. But I don't want to point the finger at Cavendish, he's a great champion."

Moving on >>>  lets look at who has the best chance today.

There will be a break - they'll be caught and the peloton will all roll together over the line without any incident.

I think everyone is too scared right now...

Here is something to ponder.

Think of this another way - if you are cut off in a similar "squeeze you out" manner in rush hour traffic, when everyone is jostling for position, remember that you are just trying to squeeze into a gap that wasn't there... no need to get upset.

Comparing a leisure activity like a daily commute with their job to win bikes races. Yeah, this comparison makes sense.

I have a feeling we might see them change their minds...let's hope!

if they rescind the decision, they'll look pretty foolish... what's that you say? they ALREADY look foolish??? well, there you go then...

We're out today - traveling to Zaragoza to see friends. I will be relying on you guys to keep me posted on here!

:-)

The gap was actually very big until Sagan closed it... Demare got through it no problem. (on a separate note Demare is actually lucky Bouhani somehow avoided him - he was also all over the show, but the crucial difference he didn't take anyone down and was accelerating away which always helps.)

https://www.facebook.com/pinkbikecom/videos/1357335204313928/

Sprinting rules, there  aren't many, state... "Riders shall be strictly forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others."

It's pretty hard to argue Sagan's case against that? He deviated hugely and even though he didn't specifically elbow Cavendish, he did put him into the barrier.

The DQ is maybe a little on the harsh side, but it's nice to see riders being treated as equals for a change. If this had been Bouhani it wouldn't even have generated a tenth of the controversy.

The tour is poorer for Sagan's exit, but when people's lives are on the line there has to be some enforcement of the laws.

My 1.5 cents

We're out today - traveling to Zaragoza to see friends. I will be relying on you guys to keep me posted on here!

:-)

Porte wins the stage by 2 minutes. Froome and Thomas fighting over team leader role in a startling re-enactment of the 2012 Vuelta. Fuglsang looks the best of the rest.

...you wont know about any of this because we will still be discussing the nuances of a gap slightly too small for Cavendish and 'the elbow'.

I miss chaingate. Times were simpler back then. 

Porte wins the stage by 2 minutes. Froome and Thomas fighting over team leader role in a startling re-enactment of the 2012 Vuelta. Fuglsang looks the best of the rest.

...you wont know about any of this because we will still be discussing the nuances of a gap slightly too small for Cavendish and 'the elbow'.

I miss chaingate. Times were simpler back then.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Can clearly see that the elbow is being used for balance - ja right

How many people balance like that on a bike ??

i do. and i have.  nearly been taken out a few times in a bunch when inexperienced riders do stupid overtaking manouvres.

Archived