Bonus

That pic is out of context. Watch the video

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

All you can see in that image is Cav leaning with his head on Sagan's hip, Cav letting him know he is there, and obviously trying to open a line for himself. The 'elbow' are only starting to come out. I have looked at all angles available in slow motion and it is pretty clear that Sagan's elbow never even touched Cav. On the overhead shot, and the shot from the front one can see that as Cav's front wheel was in line with Sagan's rear, Cav's bike was all ready at a ridiculous angle. In all the images he never came right alongside Sagan. How could the elbow have caused the crash? Bad decision!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a real pity. The train was full (Cavendish picked the correct wheel early on) and Sagan tried to force his way in. No where to go but barrier then ground for Cav. Sonny Bill is also sorry but it happened and someone got hurt. Maybe a duller but maybe a more unpredictable race for us to follow.

Looking forward to clean racing for the rest of le tour!

• Sprinters holding their lines
  • No "adverse findings"
  • Spectators behaving themselves
  • Motor bikes not riding in riders
  • Riders not hitching rides in team cars
  • etc, etc

Oh, we can but dream for the sport not to be brought into disrepute!

oh, and ... hubbers accepting the final, non-appealable decisions of the commissionaires!  :ph34r:

Him moving his line is the issue, and I hope that is what the decision was made on. But even that is harsh there is no consistency

If the DQ is for not holding the line, then the stewards seriously need to look at the trajectory that Demare took throughout the entire sprint.

If the DQ is for not holding the line, then the stewards seriously need to look at the trajectory that Demare took throughout the entire sprint.

Demare did not cause a crash  :whistling:

Fact: The elbow never touched Cav'. It was a counterbalance action.

If I wanted to pop someone with my elbow in a violent act, it'll not be with my hands still gripped to my bars.

Bouhanni will agree with you  :thumbup:

@tothehills it's a bit frustrating to see people say Cav went for a Gap that was not there...What BS!!Cav was always following Demare and had the line from the start.Sagan was stuck behind other guys and had no choice to force a gap on the right.He went for it and Cav is out of tour because of it.

BUT we see guy change lines all the time and lots of crashes happen because of it.Sending Sagan home is crazy in my opinion.

I think in general we see a "soft" approach to everything these days.Cycling is a hard sport but lately the wind must just be wrong then we stop a race or a crash will send the wrong message and so on. Miss the hardcore days!!

Almost like the Hub many moons ago

And the GC race will be the focus for today

Go, Bertie!

Go, Quintanaaaa!

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2017/500/PROFIL.png

That sprint yesterday was total chaos. At the speed they were going at Sagan had a split second to react after Cav rode into him. The elbow came out purely as a counter balance action and Cav came off second best. It was a racing/sprinting incident.

Not one of the sprinters kept to the rules of keeping your line. Demare was all over the place but he took the win without bumping anyone into a barrier.

The initial reaction from the judges was more than punishment enough for Sagan. DQ is way to harsh after looking at everything in slow motion.

Today the big boys come out to play. I hope Richie launches a few attacks to get things going!!!

Bora have submitted an official appeal, I don't know what they will achieve by it. 

Moving on, go Porte! 

The more I look at this on TV and in the pics, the more I think that only excluding Sagz is them being inconsistent. I have no clue what it is like being in the middle of that melee, but unless Cav was totally quiet, which is about as likely 'Dale not posting on a Tour day, Sagz had to know he was there a second or two before the elbow, if it was intentional or for balance.

Archived