Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

And don't forget to train in a Sauna at least twice a week  :thumbup:

With altitude mask of course 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you brush up on your skillzzzz  :ph34r:

The one and only Skillz will be in front!

And don't forget to train in a Sauna at least twice a week  :thumbup:

I heard chukky has a gimp suit we can use

T's and C's: Escapee must be the pilot  :ph34r:

Can't see Chukky as stoker....he'll be seething

10:42

The very hilly terrain around here has made comms a bit tricky. Trying to get info on the women, but we're hearing that Luthi/Morath were way off the pace.

That is copied off the site. Remember this is not 21st century comms for the olympics in a city centre with everything on hand. The guys doing the feed are working at a finish venue that next week will only be used by cows and goats - that means logistics are not easy. The fact up to four thousand people are watching the various feeds at any one time means the majority are getting a benefit from it.

Only one media helicopter is covering the race and the flying time needed to go back and try and find the leading women would be prohibitive, and the chances of a mistake identifying or missing the leading women is high from the air.

Just my view.

True, but if the Cape Epic valued womans cycling equally as mens then there would be two choppers or at least an "Oli Munick" type oke live tweeting the ladies race. Its not hard, there just has to be the desire, which there is not from the organisers. 

When they were having the ladies podium, the live feed was showing the empty finish line. Pretty hard to convince sponsors to cover a team if they dont get exposure in front of those 4000 viewers. 

We are not expecting live action chase shots etc, just a tweet every five minutes, so and so has been dropped, so and so has punctured, still together. etc.

Dont get me started on the Cape Epic twitter drinking game - every paid tweet you see you drink.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

T's and C's: Escapee must be the pilot  :ph34r:

Not as long as we have a black president will he be pilot.

Ill steer, he can pedal and make sure he doesnt shred the back tyre with all his leg watts.

Armpies can advise on tyre and pressures....

True, but if the Cape Epic valued womans cycling equally as mens then there would be two choppers or at least an "Oli Munick" type oke live tweeting the ladies race. Its not hard, there just has to be the desire, which there is not from the organisers. 

When they were having the ladies podium, the live feed was showing the empty finish line. Pretty hard to convince sponsors to cover a team if they dont get exposure in front of those 4000 viewers. 

We are not expecting live action chase shots etc, just a tweet every five minutes, so and so has been dropped, so and so has punctured, still together. etc.

Dont get me started on the Cape Epic twitter drinking game - every paid tweet you see you drink.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

+1

Anyone have stats on drop out rate compared to previous years??Especially the year with all the rain.

Anyone have stats on drop out rate compared to previous years??Especially the year with all the rain.

70% of all the corporate fatties that got given entries moaned about the heat so they tamed the Epic for them.

The one and only Skillz will be in front!

I heard chukky has a gimp suit we can use

Screaming in terror is a skill..... I think...

I read something about it in this fred Gummi. I think over the first three days it evened out compared to other years. But I wasnt really concentrating. That paired with my below average IQ could mean that I am talking utter crap.

Ag what the hell, dont worry searching for it. Just Myles it.

Thats www.mylesknowsitall.co.za

I read something about it in this fred Gummi. I think over the first three days it evened out compared to other years. But I wasnt really concentrating. That paired with my below average IQ could mean that I am talking utter crap.

Joh!!!!! Buuuurn.????

Lol. No, you're right. I think it was posted about 4 or 5 pages back. Don't wanna search for it though

This was the mondayest Wednesday ever

Edit: maybe I should just buy that domain and set up a permanent reroute to google. Just use the fecking search function.

bwahaha!! Myles probably does know so will wait for him to sum it up.

Archived