Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Its kinda like our school system.

If the students are not properly prepared just lower the passmark. 

Or like our schools here on the Platteland. If your dad sponsor or build something for the school, you are guaranteed a spot in the first xv rugby team. Doesn't matter of you are a sh@t player or not :whistling:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep it simple, a sub 3 Argus  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Sounds good, but then again, look what happened to Joel S.     ;)

Really feel for him.

Shame hope things change for them.

I think tomorrow the "marathon" guys will probably shine, that if they don't shorten the distance again.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ja.. the songo guys will put the hammer down tomorrow.. hope Cannondale guys can hang on..

Platt says he felt better today.. hopefully they can go for the stage win, they have lost enough time that they may not be marked as much as other teams.

In other news Evans and Hincapie won the masters stage today..think it may have been a sprint finish.

Their participation in the Epic sure has brought a lot of international interest to the race..even saw a cyclingnews article.

The Epic has always weeded out the weak'er riders in the early stages - whether it be stage 1 or stage 3, they've always shed a good 20% of the field in the first 3 days. The drop out rate has actually been decreasing the last few years though... indicating riders are probably better prepared on average. Some people will always chance their luck though, especially those with big wallets. 

They probably need to look at weather parameters for heading forward? Is there nothing in that crazy OCD UCI manual regarding weather parameters? Anything under 38 degrees and it's game on as normal.

40+ though is proper extreme, and hits everyone hard - The Olympic champion was rushed off the finish line people... spare a thought for the fit buggers who had to ride in that heat for 6hours longer than her. This was the first ever stage shortening, it's probably getting more flack because of what happened at the Argus, but there is a fine line between being tough and being suicidal. 42degrees + needs to be treated with respect. There are very few  people built to deal with that.

In other news Evans and Hincapie won the masters stage today..think it may have been a sprint finish.

Their participation in the Epic sure has brought a lot of international interest to the race..even saw a cyclingnews article.

Just think about all the bragging rights. Won the TDF and the Epic....

Best update of the day..

As always, Grand Masters leader Heinz Zoerweg crosses the line and immediately enjoys a beer

Andrew McLean says he's an absolute beast, they road together I think 3/4 years back, he can't speak English, basically had three basic words to say all race on the bike to Andrew... just machined on, no complaints, no questions - just endless hurtlocker for all his competitors

Must be the finish line beer  :thumbup:

Hope they are getting tested 46 times a day  :ph34r:

Just think about all the bragging rights. Won the TDF and the Epic....

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] ..

But Brentjes is another beast.. they won't get another inch from him this week.

I had to laugh at Evans when he was explaining why they lost time the other day..not just because Hincapie bonked..but they had a sidewall cut and it seems as if they were a bit clueless on how to fix it and that cost them extra time.

Hope they are getting tested 46 times a day :ph34r:

[emoji23] [emoji23]

Ja we all do

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] ..

But Brentjes is another beast.. they won't get another inch from him this week.

I had to laugh at Evans when he was explaining why they lost time the other day..not just because Hincapie bonked..but they had a sidewall cut and it seems as if they were a bit clueless on how to fix it and that cost them extra time.

ha ha ha, yip there is no Mechanic to do it for them.

Thinking of this day one debacle.

I actually think it's a good idea for Epic to make the first day a tough as hell.

That way all these corporate fattys who use their influence to get entries end up missing the cut and getting put in their place.

So day 1 is basically your qualifying round ;)

I was watching the prologue and couldn't figure out how k@k your preparation had to be, for you to start pushing your bike in the first 20km of a 7 day stage race... Surely you will NOT survive when the going gets really tough?

ha ha ha, yip there is no Mechanic to do it for them.

Lol

Spoilt roadies [emoji6]

They do however seem to be having a jol..I think Evans maybe more than Hincapie.[emoji6]

Lol

Spoilt roadies [emoji6]

They do however seem to be having a jol..I think Evans maybe more than Hincapie.[emoji6]

They do :thumbup:

Lol

Spoilt roadies [emoji6]

Winning a couple Mtb World Cups might have something to do with it... All big George's technical skills come in a camper van shortly after motoman visits  :ph34r: 

Gen, have you started a petition for Sagan to come ride the Epic next year and skip those silly Spring Classics...

Archived