The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Munga is all about being low profile...

takelot has specials on their screens, can you send me a new please ? My second one now has a hole in where a choc chip from my choc chip biscuit and tea mix hit the screen. Pm with address to follow

Why did he get a time penalty?

possibly because he needed help with that broken wheel last night ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May those still rolling have a safe night out there on the Karoovlaktes [emoji1491]

my biggest fear for the riders today was the few lunatics on off-road motorbikes riding at crazy speeds

possibly because he needed help with that broken wheel last night ?

Forgot to sign in at the one check point

One mate with 160kms to go... think he will continue and finish late tonight. Other mate about to reach Sutherland in 6kms... will he push on or rest and go first light tomorrow??... The suspense!!

Edited by shaper

One mate with 106kms to go... think he will continue and finish late tonight. Other mate about to reach Sutherland in 6kms... will he push on or rest and go first light tomorrow??... The suspense!!

Good luck to your buddies.. [emoji122] [emoji122]

my biggest fear for the riders today was the few lunatics on off-road motorbikes riding at crazy speeds

Yikes ????

My complete respect goes out to all these athletes for their effort too date and for all the entertainment they have provided us.

For me the final bit of fun is in trying to predict the "cut".

I reckon that none of those lying behind Gavin Horton will make the time limit.

I hope some of them can prove me wrong.

Tim Brink had withdrawn from the race

I have just read this - any one know why ?

Man this is just plain not good news!

Not good!

I've seen a MTB being taken out by a motoX before - scary!

Edited by Pulse

Not sure if i should cry or just give him a pklap for falling when i go pick him up at Vanderkloof dam! I know it sounds cruel, but I'm being honest about my feelings. Maybe also because I'm tired with not enough sleep and all the excitement around. And yes, you cannot prevent falls and i actually mentioned yesterday how difficult it is out there and being aware of riding the right lines because of all the corrugation and sand, so it was no joke, not to mention rocks/marbles. It's hard out there folk. All the planning, sacrifices and training in it's moer. That's for both of us! At the end of the day at least he is safe and we all can get back to our families, but it's a huge downer if something like this happens.

just read this - Anton really sorry man. This sucks bollocks big time! I sound like a broken record and whingin nanny, but hell man dont know which is worse, not being so close and not starting, or starting and falling so early ! Hell dude, really sorry!

Edit: Nathrix- pass on the condolences