The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think very few (if any)  will sleep tonight  . .  most opting to ride through the 1st 24-hours. 

I think very few (if any) will sleep tonight . . most opting to ride through the 1st 24-hours.

Perhaps also make the most of the cooler conditions.

Another thing that I noticed at the start was the fair amount of riders with drop bars (road bars) on their mountain bikes.

Another thing that I noticed at the start was the fair amount of riders with drop bars (road bars) on their mountain bikes.

Interesting tech choice ????

Mad Max looking

If it works, it works

All about hand position, more options

I also think the Slate is a great option (I am often surprised how well it can keep up with road bikes) - only problem is choice of tyres or replacement tyres. Around 1.9 (maybe 2.0) in 650b. My original tyres are fine so far but some reports of sidewall cuts. I think the current best option is Schwalbe G-One but it will make for an expensive training tyre. What gear would the average rider be packing?

Archived