The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to the start of this year's Munga, I had read all your comments about previously sitting and  watching dots, I thought you were all a bit mad...

Now I have found myself doing the exact same thing and totally get it.

What is Jeannie D's background

Never really heard of her until last year's performance

Is she PRO?

What's in her jungle oats? Who sponsors her?

Any other famous bike riders in her gene pool?

What an ultra-endurance athlete. Respect.

Is she PRO?

The Dreyer family are just sports monsters. 

Martin Dreyer, multiple Dusi and adventure race champ, Jeannie is his wife AFAIK

Hats off to all the riders still racing. with the extreme heat and wind experienced this year and looking at the front runners how close they are to the front runner of last year, they are really moving. It is again going to be a nail bite finish this year as in last year. (Pity so many riders had to abandon already, but with the harsh conditions, they are all winners)

Is she PRO?

you meaning in the Freedom Challenge? where she destroyed the ladies record. JD has been riding professionally and competitively for the better part of ten years...maybe more. You must also remember that the dreyers had a baby recently (within the last 2 years i think) so they are both putting in incredible training mileage whilst caring for a toddler

And just some of Martin Dreyer's achievements

Martin’s other memorable achievements on and off the water:

• Seven K2 Dusi Kayak Marathon titles
  • Seven Non-Stop Dusi Kayak Marathon titles
  • Winner of the Vaal Kayak Marathon, Breede Kayak Marathon, Cape Point Surfski Challenge [K2] and Australia’s premier 2 day Avon Descent Kayak Marathon
  • 2300km Freedom Challenge winner 
  • Winner of the Land Rover G4 Challenge final in 2006
  • When he isn't training, he competes in endurance adventure events, does motivational speaking, and works as a corporate adventure guide.

you meaning in the Freedom Challenge? where she destroyed the ladies record. JD has been riding professionally and competitively for the better part of ten years...maybe more. You must also remember that the dreyers had a baby recently (within the last 2 years i think) so they are both putting in incredible training mileage whilst caring for a toddler

Never mind destroying the FC ladies record, she is sixth on the all time leader board. Only four men ahead of her of whom two are Martin Dreyer and Alex Harris.

1 Martin Dreyer RASA 2012 10d 16h40 2 Alex Harris RASA 2012 10d 23h57 3 Theo van Dyk RASA 2016 11d 08h53 4 Bruce Hughes RASA 2016 11d 08h54 5 Martin Dreyer RASA 2013 12d 05h55 6 Jeannie Dreyer RASA 2013 12d 05h55

I think he was thinking of Amy from last year...

This is Jeannies first Munga. She's got serious endurance pedigree though... and is our current vets Mtb marathon Champ. She won the FC with Martin on her 'honeymoon'

Was Jeannie Bomford (sp) before she got married. Martin has definitely helped her excel in the long stuff... mentally they are both absolute beasts, and this friends is largely a mental game.

I think he was thinking of Amy from last year...

This is Jeannies first Munga. She's got serious endurance pedigree though... and is our current vets Mtb marathon Champ. She won the FC with Martin on her 'honeymoon'

Was Jeannie Bomford (sp) before she got married. Martin has definitely helped her excel in the long stuff... mentally they are both absolute beasts, and this friends is largely a mental game.

Yes, my mistake, Andrew'

????

So this is her first Munga Manga

Archived