Jameslaskey

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he did?  :eek:

My bad, I see he switched to a 29er for olympics. :oops:

He did ride a 27.5" the entire year before the games though..

Have you even read the article? It was a 29er....

Out of your own link : Nino Schurter (Switzerland) has spent the bulk of his UCI World Cup career on a Scott Scale hardtail with 27.5in wheels. However, Schurter recently switched to a 29er leading up to this year’s Games

Edited by Wil6

What does that have to do with a 26"?

OP is asking if you can be competitive on something other than a 29er.

As a 650b is closer to a 26" than 29er, I believe so

Edited by JKK

OP is asking if you can be competitive on something other than a 29er.

As a 650b is closer to a 26" than 29er,

No, with that being said, you can argue that bigger is better? So 27.5 is faster than 26, and 29 faster than 27.7?

Have you even read the article? It was a 29er....

Out of your own link : Nino Schurter (Switzerland) has spent the bulk of his UCI World Cup career on a Scott Scale hardtail with 27.5in wheels. However, Schurter recently switched to a 29er leading up to this year’s Games

Seems I hit a nerve there......

No, with that being said, you can argue that bigger is better? So 27.5 is faster than 26, and 29 faster than 27.7?

No, the contrary I believe

I remember passing quite a few 29er's on my old 26er on the trails, so don't worry too much about it. Of course there are advantages of riding a 29er, but where you'll be able to roll over rocks and roots a lot easier on a 29er, I found a 26er was actually more nimble than a 29er, especially on switchbacks and through single track in a forest. Both have their pluses and minuses, but I wouldn't count out a 26er all together.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Just before the end of the road for XCO eliminator, the second placed men's champ was on a 26er. He klapped it time and again and only lost the overall narrowly. Small wheels for short races anyone?

Rode with Warthog this past weekend. He was on a 26", I was on my 29er. I am younger than him, so he couldn't beat me :lol: He was keeping up without hassle though. It's the engine, for the most part anyway. Unless of course you want to be a racing snake. :P