PPA: Please obey the rules of the road

News bot

Carbon29 At least PPA got the subject correct. “Please OBEY the rules of the road”  

Maybe someone should post an article

“Motorist please LEARN the rules of the road”

Most cyclist know the road rules, but it seems that most motorist does not or don’t care.

How many sit and text while at a traffic light? Then the excuse “but I am not moving”

The same people that will hoot and go bonkers when cyclist ride side by side.

If only the same amount was spend teaching motorist the rules of the road as what PPA is spending  asking  the minority road users to adhere to them.

Here are a few pictures of my 14km commute yesterday and  this morning. I think PPA is wasting money trying the minority, venerable road user to obey while the rest is doing as they please and hide behind.

"BUT CYLCIST SKIPS RED LIGHTS"

“RULES are RULES” 

attachicon.gif

I hope you weren't riding whilst taking those pics or left your bike in the middle of the road...... it's dangerous. :ph34r: :whistling: :devil:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

............And as posted before:

Here lies the body of Jonathan Gray

Who died defending his right of way.

He was right, dead right, as he sped along

But he's just as dead now

As if he was wrong.

Rule number ONE of cycling: STAY ALIVE, everything else come after that.

Here are a few pictures of my 14km commute yesterday and  this morning. I think PPA is wasting money trying the minority, venerable road user to obey while the rest is doing as they please and hide behind.

Just in one 14km ride. Goodness me. But we see that every time we drive. My record low for red light offences by motorists in a route with only 3 traffic lights? 2 cars. Never none.

How many people in RSA, when crossing the road, walk to the crossing points and if possible press the button and wait for the green man as apposed to J walking? Does this mean the pedestrian should become target practice? How many motorist have never have J walked in RSA - my guess NONE, but it still is not legal?  Sometimes as a road biker I feel motorist think it's a game of target practice.

I laughed yesterday. I stopped at the roundabout crossing in Hout Bay heading towards the Nek to let a school kids cross the road. A Volvo coming the other way also stopped. The crossed in front on me on the zebra crossing then walked up the road behind the Volvo rather than on the crossing.

I wondered to my teenage daughter what hope we really have.

How many sit and text while at a traffic light? Then the excuse “but I am not moving”

The same people that will hoot and go bonkers when cyclist ride side by side.

"BUT CYLCIST SKIPS RED LIGHTS"

“RULES are RULES”

Or take photos for social media?

A twitter exchange a short while ago by the CEO of PPA on his favourite blame the cyclist game:

post-35786-0-89874600-1479301716_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-35288700-1479301864_thumb.jpg

You can't make this stuff up.

A twitter exchange a short while ago by the CEO of PPA on his favourite blame the cyclist game:

PS0931.jpg

PS0932.jpg

This is why I dont subscribe to the "tit for tat" methodology, it makes no progress.

If you are in the mood to fight, by all means this approach can be entertaining. But if you are actually motivated by change "the you're wrong, no you're wrong" way doesn't get much done.

attachicon.gifPS0931.jpg

attachicon.gifPS0932.jpg

What I meantioned in my post. The cyclist is breaking the law, says he sitting there doing the same. Irony!

The bigger problem here is that the motorist does not know the road rules. They think we belong on the pavement, left of the yellow line etc. 

You never see the PPA posting the road rules that Motorist should know.

For excample, how many motorist know that it is ok for them to cross the solid white line when safe to do so in order to keep at least 1M (they just remember 1.5M) away from a cyclist.

Wish PPA would rather than hand out visi-bibs, educate motorist in the morning. 

What I meantioned in my post. The cyclist is breaking the law, says he sitting there doing the same. Irony!

The bigger problem here is that the motorist does not know the road rules. They think we belong on the pavement, left of the yellow line etc. 

You never see the PPA posting the road rules that Motorist should know.

For excample, how many motorist know that it is ok for them to cross the solid white line when safe to do so in order to keep at least 1M (they just remember 1.5M) away from a cyclist.

Wish PPA would rather than hand out visi-bibs, educate motorist in the morning. 

If we going to wish, rather use it on something useful, like closing chappies for bikes and joggers only from 06:00 till 09:00

If we going to wish, rather use it on something useful, like closing chappies for bikes and joggers only from 06:00 till 09:00

Saturday and Sunday would be enough.

Well not really but motorists could live with that.

attachicon.gifPS0931.jpg

attachicon.gifPS0932.jpg

Why do you have your knives in for the PPA?

Like I set my filters to check for Spez deals on the Hub, I get the sense your filters are set to wait for anything PPA related and klap them every time they post here.

In my view, you raised a fair and reasonable point but the manner in which you go about doing it leave me with no other option but to conclude that you have an axe to grind with anything PPA or CEO related. 

All of us have a responsibility - be mature about this fight and don't play the man / association!!

Be safe out there boys and girls!!!

How often do you see this in traffic. Not sure how holding it against your ear is illegal but this is ok or do motorist not understand the rule ?

Edited by Coenie Thomas