L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

That sounds awesome. Look out for the Wheeler (similar same to Gerald's kit) with the blue Merida. I might take my Momsen down now that you mention it.... Howick/Sappi MTB coffee ride! 

Fixed  :whistling:

Even the shirt size is the same

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Veebee with the mileage you have been doing on late are you going to be riding up from home? hehehehehe

I will be riding the Litespeed and in Batsalani kit (same kit we wore at the 2016 DC). We have about 4 teams entered so you will see a lot of the kit.

Who has done a recce of the route? Any tips / warnings?

haha not a chance. The mileage has all been slow rides, and I havent been doing a whole lot of high intensity stuff and no races since the 947 so this will be interesting. Just have to keep telling myself that I need to survive for 130km and then I can roll down to the finish.

Would any hubbers be keen to meet for a drink on sat evening?  Not a whole evening affair, maybe just an hour to meet everyone. 

Where were you thinking?

Where were you thinking?

Maybe somewhere casual like delish dish in howick.  They have a deck and a big garden for kids to run around.  They also do a decent pizza.

Any other suggestions?

For folks keen on mtb the next day we can organise...... karkloof or howick

Edited by blondeonabike

Very good question - what is the diffrence between a feed station and a waterpoint? I will definitely need to chow something. Hoping it will live up to the hype. I dont have a backup team.

Personal plan - carrying food/GUUs, 2 bottles sip sip, then perhaps have a passer by throw me 2 more bottles. Or perhaps get one of those tri-a-tha-lon bottle cage behind the seat jobs? 

Downhill after Mooi River. Here's to hoping it's not a hot day. 

Personal plan - carrying food/GUUs, 2 bottles sip sip, then perhaps have a passer by throw me 2 more bottles. Or perhaps get one of those tri-a-tha-lon bottle cage behind the seat jobs? 

Downhill after Mooi River. Here's to hoping it's not a hot day. 

There is one kakky climb out of Mooi River before the descent.

Maybe somewhere casual like delish dish in howick.  They have a deck and a big garden for kids to run around.  They also do a decent pizza.

Any other suggestions?

For folks keen on mtb the next day we can organise...... karkloof or howick

SPUR????

SPUR????

My dear.....where do you see a spur in Howick? :huh:

Or was that a typo and you meant SPAR? 

A few quarts in the SPAR parking lot would be very Brakpan,   Germiston , ...ok whatever :ph34r:

Edited by blondeonabike

With this whole CSA debacle now blowing up I am worried about the water tables.... food is fine because I carry my own. I do however need water. Fingers crossed they get this right.  

The Double Century is an example of what race organisation should be like. Just wonderful.

The MalutiD90 was also well organised (water points), even though our team only made use of our team vehicle at the "halfway" point.

There's no reason why these guys can't get the water tables/feed stations sorted.

It's the paperwork (or lack thereof) that seems to have led to this non-sanctioning from CyclingSA.

With this whole CSA debacle now blowing up I am worried about the water tables.... food is fine because I carry my own. I do however need water. Fingers crossed they get this right.  

The Double Century is an example of what race organisation should be like. Just wonderful.

i saw cows on the side of the road. Time to hone those milking skills. Just make sure its a cow and not a bull and youll be fine.

i saw cows on the side of the road. Time to hone those milking skills. Just make sure its a cow and not a bull and youll be fine.

I will have to find a midlands meisie to assist. I always thought that I would marry a farm girl. Maybe this will be my chance!

My dear.....where do you see a spur in Howick? :huh:

Or was that a typo and you meant SPAR? 

A few quarts in the SPAR parking lot would be very Brakpan,   Germiston , ...ok whatever :ph34r:

Who do we (Germiston oukies) make the invitation out to? sharing is caring

:w00t: :w00t: nothing wrong with a good old boot jol :D