L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

so in theory if you are a SA Champ you can't now come race this event cause it not being a CSA/UCI event.

I guess then its only way to allow disc brakes

And will folks who are working to getting colours get penalised?

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question on feeding stations. Does anyone know if supporters will be able to wait there to help out with bottles and so? And how they can get there with the rolling road closures (I assume get there before the race gets there)?

Quick question on feeding stations. Does anyone know if supporters will be able to wait there to help out with bottles and so? And how they can get there with the rolling road closures (I assume get there before the race gets there)?

These and many more questions. I hope we get some/any answers. I cannot see rolling road closures as an option for a field that will be spread out over hours.

this might be the case. my other half has been offered a spot cause on the girls in the team is a sa champ and has had to pull outcast csa has said they will ban her if she takes part

Hi, does anybody know where we park our vehicles for those travelling outside Howick?

I see the start and end are at different venues which is only about 2kms apart, but just need to know

Start: Nelson Mandela Capture Site 

Finish: Piggy Wiggly Country Village

Hi, does anybody know where we park our vehicles for those travelling outside Howick?

I see the start and end are at different venues which is only about 2kms apart, but just need to know

http://letapesouthafrica.com/

Parking is available at the Piggly Wiggly Country Club. Please follow the signs and security personnel instructions as you get near.

Hi All

Sounds like everybody is talking as if the race is still on?

Is no one concerned of getting penalized if caught by CSA ?

Also any accident and you are not covered from an insurance point of view.

Park at Corner Post in Howick, cycle to the start, then end up there with a beer. I'll see you there  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Hi All

Only applicable to licensed participants, or those that entered as such?

this might be the case. my other half has been offered a spot cause on the girls in the team is a sa champ and has had to pull outcast csa has said they will ban her if she takes part

Why are licensed riders not allowed to compete if the event isn't CSA sanctioned?

Can't you just do it as a open rider just for the fun of it?

Park at Corner Post in Howick, cycle to the start, then end up there with a beer. I'll see you there  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Corner Post has closed down. Its for sale if you interested.

I would park at Piggly and try get there early. Lots of parking at Mandela but it would mean getting back on your bike and riding back up.(not nice after 160k). st ives is across the road and also has lots of parking.

Hi All

The only insurance in question is the insurance that comes as part of your CSA lisence. Being "caught" is of no relevance unless you are aiming for Provincial or higher honours. Refer the case of PPA against CSA where the Argus could continue without sanction if they should wish to. So far the race is still on - I just dont know what to expect from the organisation point of view.

Update from one of our members who has just called Cycle Events (the organisers).  High-level meeting between CSA, ASO and other role players due to end at lunchtime still going on.  Hoping to have notification of exact status out by tomorrow morning.

Hold thumbs that sanity prevails. Thank G-d that PPA is not involved!

Corner Post has closed down. Its for sale if you interested.

I would park at Piggly and try get there early. Lots of parking at Mandela but it would mean getting back on your bike and riding back up.(not nice after 160k). st ives is across the road and also has lots of parking.

Since you know the area well - I am staying at Clydesdale on Lions River. Is cycling to and from the start and finish realistic? Thx for any info.

Since you know the area well - I am staying at Clydesdale on Lions River. Is cycling to and from the start and finish realistic? Thx for any info.

Lidgetton is not far,it will be an easy roll to the start, however you will need to climb back up happy hill afterwards.  Maybe when you arrive take a quick drive and decide for yourself :)