L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

:w00t: :w00t: nothing wrong with a good old boot jol :D

Everyone could just roll down the hill to Durbs and we could crank it up at Lugs

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that your CSA licence only covers you for insurance in the event of a fall at sanctioned events.

This new clause has made sanctioning very important to me.

My impression is that some SA okes persuaded ASO to licence the l’étape name to them for SA and they are doing a great job of effing it up. No way would ASO not be able to organise a bunk up in the brothel this has become.

To add to the egg on my face: I renewed my CSA lisence just to prevent any nonsense at the registration. Damn - this doesnt sit lekker.

Time to contact:

Cycle Events - although they are only the online entry portal.

ASO - via their Twitter account

The PR person

And the organisers (located in Sandton, if memory serves me correct).

edit: found it: 

Article 17 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES

Participation in L’Etape du Tour implies each competitor’s express and unreserved acceptance of the present rules.

Operations Director –   L’Etape South Africa

Email: devian@letapesouthafrica.com    tel: 072 395 1349

The PR person has responded to an email I sent from our club account:

"I've asked Devian, Mark or Bonga to please revert to you on this matter. Thank you."

I spoke to Devian by phone earlier, and I'm still waiting for a return call.

Huis toe tyd, so I'll provide any feedback later, IF I get any.

Anyone know what this is about?

From Cycling South Africa

L’Étape du Tour: Cycling SA withdraws sanction

Many amateur cyclists are planning to participate in the inaugural L’Étape du Tour South Africa, which is set to take place in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands on Sunday 2 April 2017.

Cycling SA wishes to advise all cyclists, specifically those with racing licences, that after various consultations and requests, the race organisers have been unable to furnish the National Federation with the required documentation – including the safety file, risk categorisation and road permissions – by the deadline provided by Cycling SA.

It is most unfortunate that Cycling SA is therefore unable to sanction and endorse this event. Safety of the rider remains the number one priority at sanctioned events. This crucial decision has been made with the express interest of all cyclists relating to safety as the number one priority.

Hey wtf gaan nou aan

One of the reasons I entered was full road closures, is that now not happening?

To add to the egg on my face: I renewed my CSA lisence just to prevent any nonsense at the registration. Damn - this doesnt sit lekker.

Does this mean I have to get a Dr to give me a i am okay slip?

The PR person has responded to an email I sent from our club account:

"I've asked Devian, Mark or Bonga to please revert to you on this matter. Thank you."

I spoke to Devian by phone earlier, and I'm still waiting for a return call.

Huis toe tyd, so I'll provide any feedback later, IF I get any.

Thank you Gerald for being so proactive :thumbup:

My dear.....where do you see a spur in Howick? :huh:

Or was that a typo and you meant SPAR? 

A few quarts in the SPAR parking lot would be very Brakpan,   Germiston , ...ok whatever :ph34r:

post-67394-0-01357500-1490199744_thumb.jpg

Does this mean I have to get a Dr to give me a i am okay slip?

It is nearly impossible to issue such a "slip" with any certainty unless an extensive battery of tests are done. Honestly I think it is some relic from old cycling days or it is only really applicable to Pro's. Imagine the cost of a full blood workup, Stress ECG etc. etc.

The medical certificate relates to foreigners only.

Copy and paste from rules:

Article 2 – PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS

The race is open to all cyclists, provided that they are at least 18 years old in 2017. Entrants born in 1999, who are under 18 on the date of the race, will have to provide written proof of parental consent.

Competitors who hold a Cycling SA license / membership must provide the photocopy of their license when they collect their race numbers.

Foreign license holders must provide a medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications for them to take part in cycling competitions, even if they are holders of a competition license issued by a federation which is affiliated to the UCI. This certificate must be dated, signed and allow the authentication of the doctor, whether the latter is based in France or not. If the doctor is foreign, the medical certificate must be drawn up in English.

The medical certificate or the photocopy of the 2017 license must only be handed over when you collect your race number at the Nelson Mandela Capture Site.

Participation in L’Etape South Africa implies each competitor’s express and unreserved acceptance of the present rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by geraldm24

So now we can just collect race numbers, no need for CSA licences anymore...

I haven't renewed mine because the folks at CSA are soo slow in sending me need log in info...

Similar, same, synonym? :P

Same means they are identical with no differences. Example: I have the same race team shirt as yours.

Similar: means they are almost identical but have some minor differences. They may look the same but different. Example: I have a similar club shirt (black and yellow) as yours.

????????

Edited by geraldm24

The medical certificate relates to foreigners only.

Copy and paste from rules:

Article 2 – PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS

The race is open to all cyclists, provided that they are at least 18 years old in 2017. Entrants born in 1999, who are under 18 on the date of the race, will have to provide written proof of parental consent.

Competitors who hold a Cycling SA license / membership must provide the photocopy of their license when they collect their race numbers.

Foreign license holders must provide a medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications for them to take part in cycling competitions, even if they are holders of a competition license issued by a federation which is affiliated to the UCI. This certificate must be dated, signed and allow the authentication of the doctor, whether the latter is based in France or not. If the doctor is foreign, the medical certificate must be drawn up in English.

The medical certificate or the photocopy of the 2017 license must only be handed over when you collect your race number at the Nelson Mandela Capture Site.

Participation in L’Etape South Africa implies each competitor’s express and unreserved acceptance of the present rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not showing anybody my license, not if CSA hasn't sanctioned the ride?

It's open seeded anyway? Surely I can ride that cat and not worry?

I'm not sure why they insist on seeing the CSA Membership (or licence). The online entry process verifies it, as Cycle Events are directly linked to the CSA database - anyone without a valid membership with CSA, would've been charged an extra R35 during checkout.

Assuming this event goes ahead without CSA blessings, then the day licence shouldn't be paid over and should actually be refunded to the rider.

I'm not sure why they insist on seeing the CSA Membership (or licence). The online entry process verifies it, as Cycle Events are directly linked to the CSA database - anyone without a valid membership with CSA, would've been charged an extra R35 during checkout.

Assuming this event goes ahead without CSA blessings, then the day licence shouldn't be paid over and should actually be refunded to the rider.

As I said bunk up and brothel and not spring to mind with the organisers.

Or is it a piss up in the Spar car park?

so in theory if you are a SA Champ you can't now come race this event cause it not being a CSA/UCI event.

I guess then its only way to allow disc brakes