The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

I was casting from my phone to the TV, so had zero commentary except for Wiggins on his moto. Might go watch the extended highlights to hear the GCN commentary.

Just get GCN+ and a VPN and be done with all the problems with other providers.

I missed it; spent the whole day, today, watching. Avoided all forms of news until now.

Very strange that you had no commentary. I was using Airplay from iPad and commentary was great with Rob Hatch, Magnus, Dan Lloyd and Adam Blyth. And of course Wiggo on the back of the bike. 

5 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Him and the morons commenting that it was either the rider’s fault or a “50/50 fault” ... these people need a running **** kick in the crotch!

Incorrect but popular opinion. Watch from another angle you will see riders cut onto pavement immediately after bollard placed to prevent this and spectator moving back. Race is on cobbles not on pavements and bike paths. 

8 hours ago, 'Dale said:

That’ll warm me up, hey

1E70BB20-587A-400D-A340-C7E5936845D9.jpeg

I bet if you sum the tiny amount of elevation gain from each cobble the elevation will be more like 3000m. 

48 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

MSR is a Sunday coffee ride compared to the other two referenced here.

Not forgetting the race to the village sign at the end of the coffee ride

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Here's the 3 monument winners, and how they compare to each other for their respective wins.

image.png.1bf0f1e39ee056da64f22b7a2e971ee9.png

All I can see is ride with a cadence of about 90, and eat a lot. Still figuring out the math for my own nutrition, but to expend 6000 to 7000 kcal, you have to eat basically the whole time, while on cobbles, climing, attacking etc.

20 minutes ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

All I can see is ride with a cadence of about 90, and eat a lot. Still figuring out the math for my own nutrition, but to expend 6000 to 7000 kcal, you have to eat basically the whole time, while on cobbles, climing, attacking etc.

You’ll be surprised how much we amateurs need to eat too, on a long race. At Maluti D90 (180Km, 2000m climbing, cold and windy) I burnt 4458 Calories according to Strava.

4 bottles, a couple gels and some bananas and I got all the carbs I needed.

BTW, here was MVDP’s eating/hydration plan for De Ronde.
image.jpeg.f226efe14bda25879650e657681bb3d1.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

It's the average heart rate for those race efforts that amaze me.
I am like a tiny high revving Honda Vtec engine in comparison to these Harley Davidsons

8 minutes ago, splat said:

It's the average heart rate for those race efforts that amaze me.
I am like a tiny high revving Honda Vtec engine in comparison to these Harley Davidsons

I’m more like a rotory engin, high revving, spectacular explosion.

On 4/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, jcza said:

Incorrect but popular opinion. Watch from another angle you will see riders cut onto pavement immediately after bollard placed to prevent this and spectator moving back. Race is on cobbles not on pavements and bike paths. 

Not necessarily incorrect at all. Couldn’t care less wether it’s popular opinion or not. Having seen the other angles the fact is that there were no bollards in that section, which makes it a viable line. The fact is that five or six other spectators either side of the guys grasped this and kept their arms in and were out of the way. As much as the race is predicated by cobbled sections, it is open wherever there an opportunity that isn’t marked off. Has always been the case.