The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Cav pull his bike number off near the end?

It was probably coming loose and he didn't want it flapping around..he stuck it in his back pocket..

Cyclingnews reported that Cav said Sunday could be his last pro race. If he raced today, then they were wrong.

Cyclingnews reported that Cav said Sunday could be his last pro race. If he raced today, then they were wrong.

He..

There is video of him saying it..in tears then riding away.

He cleared it up today..at the time there was apparently talk that some races may be cancelled and without a contract for next year he got bit emotional not knowing what was to come.

That crash was horrific, we saw the rider on the floor and riders back at the bus said it wasn’t good to see.

Last night it was said that Belgium will go into lockdown on Monday, which means De Panne is off I would presume.

That crash was horrific, we saw the rider on the floor and riders back at the bus said it wasn’t good to see.

Last night it was said that Belgium will go into lockdown on Monday, which means De Panne is off I would presume.

The whole of Europe is seems to be announcing various re-lockdown measures this week. Cases are really ramping up.

Methinks this is very near the end of our cycling foray for the year  :( Its just not reasonable anymore.

Don't know if they will just mark each other out of contention or whether the day will be hard enough that they will simply rise to the top and we end up with an epic finale.

As much as I would like WvA to take two monuments in one season, I would actually prefer it if some "outsider" like Hirschi takes it.

post-27827-0-59557200-1602753888_thumb.jpg

The whole of Europe is seems to be announcing various re-lockdown measures this week. Cases are really ramping up.

Methinks this is very near the end of our cycling foray for the year  :( Its just not reasonable anymore.

Looking at the instantaneous numbers, as well as the size if the wave, every country in Western Europe and the UK is experiencing a 2nd wave much larger than the 1st.  I'm talking infections.

Italy is the latest to be peaking to a large 2nd one.  It will be a miracle if the Giro survives another week.

Deaths seems to be much more under control. 

Don't know if they will just mark each other out of contention or whether the day will be hard enough that they will simply rise to the top and we end up with an epic finale.

As much as I would like WvA to take two monuments in one season, I would actually prefer it if some "outsider" like Hirschi takes it.

Can MvdP pretty please have this one?????

But besides Richmond the other 2 weren't exactly solo solo .. Flanders - Kwaito attacked and Sagan joined with Sep bridging but Kwaito being the lighter rider couldn't stay with them and Sep well shame he came to a standstill and Sagan then left him behind.... Roubaix - Sagan had teammates also disrupting the chase right when he attacked .... these races are seldomly just as simple as a solo attack with a lot happening behind...so you need a bit of everything to make them work.

But as with Richmond he could open the gap on the......wait for it....... the downhills and GVA reluctancy (no surprise) to work with Eddie B at Richmond. Roubaix he was just a monster.. I recall Cancellara saying that the way he took the corners is also how he could extend his lead...

Winning a bike race is never as easy as just bridging a gap or attacking solo.

MVDP is still a baby and WVA is although a bit older than him not been in Road racing that long..and they are seeing that just being the strongest on the day won't neccessary mean you will win these classic races..

There is only 4 months between them...been racing each other since the age of 12

There is only 4 months between them...been racing each other since the age of 12

Shees I thought MVDP was younger than what he is[emoji3061]

My bad.