Hubber BDF down on Hendrik Potgieter

Formallyknownas

Anthony - many of us "knew" BDF from the forum and feel a personal loss when we one of our own is taken.

Thank you for sharing your stories and grief with us and we're glad that is eases it a little.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read the whole thread and got my attention as the Heading has changed.

It hits home to realise it is a fellow hubber.

My condolences to all in this time.  RIP BDF. :(

Wow that is terrible, I really liked BDF, seemed like such a positive guy.

This is all way to close to home now, might be time to leave the roadie in the garage for a while and spend more time on the mtb out in the sticks.

So sad to hear of this terrible new. My condolences to family and friends. 

Again RIP.

I don't want to alter the course of the thread but just a side note, I have seen a lot of comments of selling road bikes and riding the MTB's more - BDF was on his MTB when the accident occurred.

I haven't had a road bike for the last two years, but I still find that even though MTB is great in that you can go off the roads, you inevitably find yourself riding at least a short stretch on tar... 

The change in heading got my attention and gave me a lump in my throat. RIP fellow hubber. Your dry sense of humour and witty comments will be missed.

The change in heading also got me.

Its real lump in throat situations that get me all emotional. Didnt know Bryne from a bar of soap but still i am deeply saddened by this event.

Condolences to his family. Its never easy and oh so unnecessary.

RIP

So sad to hear this. I only knew BDF from the forum but it hits home when you realise it's someone you have interacted with.

Condolences to his family.

Anthony, thank you for your posts and the photo. I didn't know BDF personally, but I also enjoyed his posts. I feel so saddened and angry at the same time as if it is a family member. 

Condolences to you and your family. 

I think the ghost bike is a good idea (even a Critical Mass Ride from the Cradle to HP). Just to remind drivers on HP that the road is also used by cyclists. I use HP every single day and I feel unsafe in my car. 

RIP BDF, you will be sorely missed by the cycling community.