Hubber BDF down on Hendrik Potgieter

Formallyknownas

Went for a ride yesterday in memory of a fellow cyclist I never knew.  Again, Anthony, to you and the family, strongs and be blessed.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone suggested a memorial ride?

I suggested a ghost bike ride (similar to the one we had for Burry) from the Cradle to HP. 

Not sure how to organize it, though.

I suggested a ghost bike ride (similar to the one we had for Burry) from the Cradle to HP. 

Not sure how to organize it, though.

Perhaps timing should be when the ghost bike is installed? As for organising, perhaps a new memorial thread would sort it?

Perhaps timing should be when the ghost bike is installed? As for organising, perhaps a new memorial thread would sort it?

There is a thread regarding a ghost bike for BDF, perhaps we could put together something in that thread.

Bryne's memorial service is today at 11

I have discovered the thread about a memorial ghost bike and ride.

The response from this forum has been humbling to say the least.

For those who may attend the memorial ride, I will see you there.

Bryne's memorial service is today at 11

I have discovered the thread about a memorial ghost bike and ride.

The response from this forum has been humbling to say the least.

For those who may attend the memorial ride, I will see you there.

Will be keeping you all in my thoughts today.

Anthony, I am far away from you guys but non the less you are in my prayers and my thoughts are with you guys today especially

Anthony, I am far away from you guys but non the less you are in my prayers and my thoughts are with you guys today especially

Likewise. Thoughts from Spain.

Anthony, it was good to meet you today. The memorial, rather than being a sad affair, highlighted the greatness of the beautiful man that Bryne was, and the legacy he has left behind. Thank you!

BDF, you touched many, and left a lasting impression on most, Ride in Peace my friend!

I will be there in spirit. Sending hugs to his wife and children. Bryne was just a year older than me when he passed on. Likewise, we as a family love to cycle together, just as his family did. I hope his family keep his legacy alive, because that is what will keep Bryne's spirit alive to them.

Memorial service over now.

The service went well and was more of a celebration of Bryne's life than a navel gazing, depressive dour event. Thanks to those who attended. Thank you Mike for your kind words.

Now begins the road ahead for us all.

Thank you all for your kind comments and wishes. I have read every post.

No. No, no, no....

Even though I haven't met the man, his character shone through in his posts and he was counted as one of the good guys on here. Respectful, measured and dry of humour. He will be missed.

Anthony, that post of the shirt his son chose just got to me more than I thought it would. Not afraid to admit that I choked up a bit at that.

RIP, Bryne. You'll be missed.

Archived