Trans Baviaans 2017

NixM

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With just over 24 hours to the start, the excitement(and fear) is growing, will be my 2nd TB. How are you feeling? Are you ready? Have you packed everything? hehehe  

You must enjoy. My 2nd one is next weekend. Very excited.

After 8h46 ,the rest of us survivalists are still busy enjoying the MAC.  :whistling:

Jip. Us normal Human Beings

Good luck to all - planning on joining in the fun next year!

Yip Me too. I had to pull out because of extended sick period. Will be a support driver tho

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

That was my 2nd TB, so I sort of new what to expect which is good and bad...

It went well and we shaved about an hour off last year's time, so I am chuffed with that.

but...

OMG!

Those corrugated roads were something else!

The first 100km are supposed to be the 'easy' part of the ride.

That was my 2nd TB, so I sort of new what to expect which is good and bad...

It went well and we shaved about an hour off last year's time, so I am chuffed with that.

but...

OMG!

Those corrugated roads were something else!

The first 100km are supposed to be the 'easy' part of the ride.

Was also my 2nd TB, managed to slice a mere 10mins off my last year time. That 1st 100km hurts the entire body eventually. Massive KUDOS to the gent riding the single speed rigid cyclocross bike, I saw you stopping a few times to fix your chain.

My first event. Still a little shell shocked. No route profile or research prepares you for what's coming.

By far the toughtest thing I have ever done on a bicycle. I found to manage the nutrition side of things challenging. I ended up binging at the check points because I couldn't take my hands off the bars. Especially the first 100km

By the time we hit the Baviaans back I was nauseous and legs were nowhere. Had a really rough time from chechpoint 2-4. Spent some time at bergplaas trying to get my head around another 85km. Luckily my partner was there for encouragement and he said "we came here to finish" He had pulled out at Bergplaas before and said it was terrible.

Made it in 15:31.  :blush:  (I was hoping for 14 max) yeah right

My first event. Still a little shell shocked. No route profile or research prepares you for what's coming.

By far the toughtest thing I have ever done on a bicycle. I found to manage the nutrition side of things challenging. I ended up binging at the check points because I couldn't take my hands off the bars. Especially the first 100km

By the time we hit the Baviaans back I was nauseous and legs were nowhere. Had a really rough time from chechpoint 2-4. Spent some time at bergplaas trying to get my head around another 85km. Luckily my partner was there for encouragement and he said "we came here to finish" He had pulled out at Bergplaas before and said it was terrible.

Well done Doc. Did you ride with Rory?

Well done for hanging in and HTFU.  

You feel better today for having completed the ride I am sure.