Complete Cyclists Bryanston ROBBED!

Patchelicious

Not only do you make ridiculous accusations, which if it was me would definitely see you in court for defamation, then you go on to shut down the hub because 13 bikes were stolen.

Why not go further and shut down every motor vehicle parts dealer in the country because 80,000 cars are stolen a year in SA. Or mobile phone repair businesses because phones get stolen.

Maybe have your morning coffee and engage your brain.

Really?

Relax guys, as I said - pure speculation...

Sure I don't disagree - there will always be chop shops for bikes, cars, phones etc, so I am sorry for thinking outside the box here...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also see the white faces...

These dudes know exactly how to get to the bikes, where the Oakley cabinet was etc, they know how to handle bikes as well as they were rushing but at the same time being very careful...

My gut says inside job, < Unfounded speculation removed >

Watch out for the low mileage parts popping up in the classifieds soon...

This is not the kind of accusation you speculate on. You are of course welcome to your own opinion, but when you put that opinion out into the world and you have no facts to back it up, then be ready to take some heat! If you have no way of proving your line of reasoning than it's better to wait until you do! Quite disingenuous on your part!

Those bikes will be striped today, built onto more cannondale/Swift/Colnago/Dogma frames and be on sale in the classifieds next week. 

The frames will either be scrapped or resprayed in prior year colour schemes and sold as owner upgrading.

You're a day late. The robbery was on Tuesday.

The repeat nature of the crime is so simple. In housebreaking the thieves often came back after a few weeks as all the old stuff they stole first time had been replaced by brand new stuff the second time they hit.

I am amazed that the insurers did not insist on physical barriers to entry after the first raid.

A decade ago motor dealers were installing gas devices that triggered on a break in that was supposed to incapacitate all occupants when triggered. And all they were stealing was plasma TV screens.  A bit like 24 when CTU was hit by countless bad guys. Once in CSI Miami too.

Apologies for speculating, I meant no harm in it - I have a conspiracy theorist mentality so I look at all angles.  

I also see criminals the white faces...

These dudes know exactly how to get to the bikes, where the Oakley cabinet was etc, they know how to handle bikes as well as they were rushing but at the same time being very careful...

My gut says inside job, - Edited to save myself from a court case

Watch out for the low mileage parts popping up in the classifieds soon...

Hope they get them! :angry:

Apologies for speculating, I meant no harm in it - I have a conspiracy theorist mentality so I look at all angles.  

That may have been your intention, but for those that are close to this situation, it's certainly not harmless!

Watched the second video and watched it again. Straight off. No doubt a white face under the balaclava. Could easily be someone who is on the Hub. Imagine that. Why would it be an inside job? Anyone who's been through the shop could have planned this. Is there footage from the first robbery? Would be interesting to compare.

One thing struck me: the vehicle(s - I think there's one but maybe more?) is parked just beyond the bollards out of camera range. Does someone know the camera system or is it easy to work that out.

Honestly, whoever you are, what you're doing is going to bite you and your pals. Hard.

Cool, let's move on ????????

I know it's none of my business, but for a shop with millions Rand's worth of stock inside, I would have expected more security.  This was way too easy....

you sound like Penny Sparrow now!

You're a day late. The robbery was on Tuesday.

The repeat nature of the crime is so simple. In housebreaking the thieves often came back after a few weeks as all the old stuff they stole first time had been replaced by brand new stuff the second time they hit.

I am amazed that the insurers did not insist on physical barriers to entry after the first raid.

A decade ago motor dealers were installing gas devices that triggered on a break in that was supposed to incapacitate all occupants when triggered. And all they were stealing was plasma TV screens.  A bit like 24 when CTU was hit by countless bad guys. Once in CSI Miami too.

My bad, getting all my teams set up for March year end audits as the wife is about to pop and then I will be on paternity leave, so cracking the whip at work. :P 

It is interesting how similar the crimes seem to be, our local Picardi Rebel gets hit once every two weeks. 

Last week they walked in waved their guns around and said they will be back, didnt even take anything, how brazen.

Watched the second video and watched it again. Straight off. No doubt a white face under the balaclava. Could easily be someone who is on the Hub. Imagine that. Why would it be an inside job? Anyone who's been through the shop could have planned this. Is there footage from the first robbery? Would be interesting to compare.

One thing struck me: the vehicle(s - I think there's one but maybe more?) is parked just beyond the bollards out of camera range. Does someone know the camera system or is it easy to work that out.

Honestly, whoever you are, what you're doing is going to bite you and your pals. Hard.

I think where they parked was more a factor of the bollards, than the camera system... These guys are not from Mission Impossible, they are street criminals. Besides, if you don't want your vehicle identified, just take the plates off :)

Interesting how the one guy keeps on making trips to and from the sunglasses display case instead of just piling them all into a bag and saving time.

Makes me wonder if these are amateur burglars.

I think where they parked was more a factor of the bollards, than the camera system... These guys are not from Mission Impossible, they are street criminals. Besides, if you don't want your vehicle identified, just take the plates off :)

Yup, I just want them caught!!!

Inside job for sure. Let all the employees do the lie detection thing. I hope their theft cover was high enough for that amount of bikes that have been stolen. This is very bad !!

i don't think you can say that. the guys took the closest bikes only. while that might be the kiffest ones on display, and inside job would have known all the big ticket and easy sellers to target.

could be inside job, but you are just speculating.

Archived