Complete Cyclists Bryanston ROBBED!

Patchelicious

Jis.. how do they move all that stock before the security company gets there.. suppose they just throw everything on a bakkie or one of those mini truck things.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much market for top end bikes in Moz, most just want a bicycle to get around for transport. 

You'll be surprised at the level of bicycles being used by Mozambican locals as "just transport", I saw an Epic in a village the size of a postcard, and a Surly FatBike in Barra being ridden with wooden planks fitted onto the XT cleat pedals. Don't be surprised.......

Looks like my new favourite LBS was robbed this morning. They smashed the front door and grabbed some bikes.

Please be in the look out for:

Spez Levo Expert Fatty

Spez Venge VIAS Pro Ultegra Di2

Spez Epics, Comp, Comp Carbon, Expert and Elite

Spez Amira Sport

Pivot Machine 429sl

And a whole wall of Corima wheels.

The guys will come post here once they have cleaned up the mess, this is just a heads up.

At least they have good taste in bikes.

Not much market for top end bikes in Moz, most just want a bicycle to get around for transport. 

You'd be surprised. There are a lot of expats working in Maputo... Saw some proper bikes there in early December.  :blink:

Yeah these bikes will wind up all over the place, Zim, Moz, Nam etc...as well as locally - clever crooks will wait until the heat is off +- 6mths and then move them around...so I wouldn't expect to see much in terms of Gumtree ads and the like soon.

it probably didn't take much to move all those bikes quickly, a bakkie or van and they are piled on - remember the crook ain't gonna care much for a scratch or two...

Also I stand to be corrected but I think CC has a back door that no one can see from the main road and there is a nice loading bay there so they could have taken their time? EDIT: re-read - they smashed the front door, my bad...

Edited by Skinnyone

eish that sucks. saw the complete cyclist van + cops + security there at 5:05 on the ride this morning. Not cool.

Saw the commotion when we rode past on our morning ride. There a whole lot of bikes and bike stands laying on the ground in font of the shop. Feel for the guys. Not a great way to start 2017! 

• 5 weeks later...

sounds like its time for perforated rollers now.

Very sad that we even have to think like that.

Yeah, that will just ,make the next shop a target.

We need to get the authorities to get to bottom of this. Where do these bikes go, what syndicate is behind it....

Often the case if there's been no security changes following the previous incident (if that is the case).