2017 Vuelta a España

Bonus

@cav is there a world champs thread yet?

[emoji6] [emoji6]

Edit. Couldn't find one..so I started one..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not that I know of Gen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To ease the rest day fever

Notice the surgical scars in the first few scenes - being a PRO not for sissies - respect ????????

Well Rohan Dennis won't win the ITT..he will be a non starter tomorrow. .he is ill[emoji53]

How many minutes will Froome gain against the rest of the GC boys today? 2-3 minutes?

Pretty much...can even gain more time 40km is long...only thing that will prevent him from gaining that much time is if he has a terrible day or he decides not to risk anything, he has fallen twice this Vuelta so perhaps he will be more careful than normal..?

Now you see this is what freaks me out about the UCI.. Nibali was sent home and received a suspension (yes only a small one) and rightfully so..the UCI made a ruling and he was DQ'D

The UCI haven't a acted on this..(not that I know of)

AG2R have now sent those riders home..but actually the UCI should've already made a ruling.

466e1ae63ce7da73392bb88029db2d3c.jpg

20th stage?

Good on the team management though, but like Gen said, UCI should have grown a pair and done this themselves

Edited by ScottC-M

No one looked as fresh / strong as he did 

I'm sorry but i don't care if he comes from Columbia and can ride at altitude...

Bordering on being unbelievable

i have to agree with this, the way this dude chews up some of the big names at this stage is unbelievable.  the fact that he rides for Astana is probably the cause for my suspicions. That said, he lives up to his name as superman. he's taken two amazing wins.

Now you see this is what freaks me out about the UCI.. Nibali was sent home and received a suspension (yes only a small one) and rightfully so..the UCI made a ruling and he was DQ'D

The UCI haven't a acted on this..(not that I know of)

AG2R have now sent those riders home..but actually the UCI should've already made a ruling.

466e1ae63ce7da73392bb88029db2d3c.jpg

What i don't get is their apology, what a load of bullocks. "After viewing the footage" as if they did not know about it? was the driver blind? he should be shamed as well for allowing it. they purely put the blame purely on the riders when they end it with a  empty "unsportsmanlike riders, contrary to our values and ethics".

the nibali incident was much more severe though as he was contesting for overall and he used the car to get back to the guys at the front.

Edited by Oxter

i have to agree with this, the way this dude chews up some of the big names at this stage is unbelievable. the fact that he rides for Astana is probably the cause for my suspicions. That said, he lives up to his name as superman. he's taken two amazing wins.

What i don't get is their apology, what a load of bullocks. "After viewing the footage" as if they did not know about it? was the driver blind? he should be shamed as well for allowing it. they purely put the blame purely on the riders when they end it with a empty "unsportsmanlike riders, contrary to our values and ethics".

the nibali incident was much more severe though as he was contesting for overall and he used the car to get back to the guys at the front.

The DS should also be sent packing.

Remember Froome was also kicked out of the Giro for holding on to a moto and at that stage of his career he was definitely not contending the GC. .so the UCI should've kicked these 2 out immediately.

It's because they do and then they don't that they keep on doing [emoji6]

Edited by Gen

here is the starting times of the riders we will be able to see on SS

143 Adam Yates (GBr) Orica-Scott 16:00:00  

144 Jaime Roson (Spa) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 16:02:00  

145 Pello Bilbao (Spa) Astana Pro Team 16:04:00  

146 Sander Armee (Bel) Lotto Soudal 16:06:00  

147 Jack Haig (Aus) Orica-Scott 16:08:00  

148 Igor Anton (Spa) Dimension Data 16:10:00  

149 Stef Clement (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 16:12:00  

150 Darwin Atapuma (Col) UAE Team Emirates 16:14:00  

151 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 16:16:00  

152 Daniel Moreno (Spa) Movistar Team 16:18:00  

153 Nicolas Roche (Irl) BMC Racing Team 16:20:00  

154 Sergio Pardilla (Spa) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 16:22:00  

155 Mikel Nieve (Spa) Team Sky 16:24:00  

156 Louis Meintjes (RSA) UAE Team Emirates 16:26:00  

157 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 16:28:00  

158 Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 16:30:00  

159 David De La Cruz (Spa) Quick-Step Floors 16:32:00  

160 Wout Poels (Ned) Team Sky 16:34:00  

161 Alberto Contador (Spa) Trek-Segafredo 16:36:00  

162 Michael Woods (Can) Cannondale-Drapac 16:38:00  

163 Fabio Aru (Ita) Astana Pro Team 16:40:00  

164 Miguel Angel Lopez (Col) Astana Pro Team 16:42:00  

165 Johan Esteban Chaves Rubio (Col) Orica-Scott 16:44:00  

166 Wilco Kelderman (Ned) Team Sunweb 16:46:00  

167 Ilnur Zakarin (Rus) Katusha-Alpecin 16:48:00  

168 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Bahrain-Merida 16:50:00  

169 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 16:52:00  

Edited by Oxter

Is louis Meintjies actually genuinely any good? I see he is still behind Teejay in the GC... :ph34r:

Boeta!!!!!!!

(Borrowed some!!! From bigh)

Anyone who can ride the TDF and Vuelta at that avg speed is flipping good, even if they draft the whole way.... another league we cannot even comprehend

Yes I know you joking, just like I'm talking about Teejay ????

Is louis Meintjies actually genuinely any good? I see he is still behind Teejay in the GC...  :ph34r:

He's not the best but I would have to say that I think he is pretty good.

1. He's young.

2. He did get a good finish at the TDF so obviously has not recovered.

3. He gets stuff all support from his team.

I think that he needs some work but lets see what Doug Rider can do.

He's not the best but I would have to say that I think he is pretty good.

1. He's young. There are a few other youngsters who are just as good, if not better. 

2. He did get a good finish at the TDF so obviously has not recovered. So did most of the guys ahead of him in GC?

3. He gets stuff all support from his team. A few other guys up there also don't.

I think that he needs some work but lets see what Doug Rider can do.

In think currently he is a top10er, will he ever be a GT winner? I hope more than I believe at the moment, this is case where I would love to be proven wrong. But I think our patriotism might be clouding our judgement here, a tad.

Edited by Patchelicious