2017 Vuelta a España

Bonus

Don't think Froome will ever go for the Giro unless it moves till after the Tour.

Although this year he was definitely stronger at La Vuelta than he was in the Tour de France imo so maybe next year if he tries the Giro first he'll be stronger at Le Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Froome will ever go for the Giro unless it moves till after the Tour.

Although this year he was definitely stronger at La Vuelta than he was in the Tour de France imo so maybe next year if he tries the Giro first he'll be stronger at Le Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would be great to see him give it a go..But I think the 5th Tdf will be the main focus.

He has said that the biggest problem for him is he really battles with staying healthy in Europe that time of the year and he struggles in the cold.

But like everything else they have focused on I am sure they can come up with a plan that will work for him.

And it wasn't easy for them..they had to work very hard to take that red jersey..his teammates were phenomenal.

But I must be honest I am glad he has now won it, and doesn't need to go for it again.. I don't like the way they race and would prefer him just to turn focus back to the TDF and leave the Vuelta alone..[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji6]

Sure he will try the Giro but not before 2019.[emoji23]

And I say all of this not out of disrespect at all..he has done really well and deserves the accolades..it just my personal preference that's all.[emoji111]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I agree with you but for a different reason..I would love to see the more aggressive Froome again..The guy that attacked on the big climbs long range..The way he won the first 2 tours...riding guys of his wheel!

This year especially was all about being calculated and doing just enough...He had to measure all of his efforts and skip most of the races he normally dominated.

To do the double was always going to be NOT pretty...but that's the only way to do it in this day and age.We never got to see him at 100%.

But you have to respect what he has done over the last 6 years.

I think out of the last 11 grand tour starts he has...

5 wins

3 second places

2 times crashed out

And 1 5th or 6th place I think.

Also really happy to see Conto take that win!!

Will miss him in the big races for sure!I think he has at least another good Giro left in him and it would have been great to see him stay on for 2 more years to maybe "mentor" some of the next generation.

And it wasn't easy for them..they had to work very hard to take that red jersey..his teammates were phenomenal.

But I must be honest I am glad he has now won it, and doesn't need to go for it again.. I don't like the way they race and would prefer him just to turn focus back to the TDF and leave the Vuelta alone..[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji6]

Sure he will try the Giro but not before 2019.[emoji23]

And I say all of this not out of disrespect at all..he has done really well and deserves the accolades..it just my personal preference that's all.[emoji111]

Ja, I would prefer him to attack more too but I don't think we have a clue how hard it is to be consistent on the line they have to straddle. We have seen Lopez struggle after a big effort or two, and he is a more natural climber. Nibbles as well.

It's not just Froomey though, Nino also took it easy yesterday until the last few km, Moo Farah has always taken it easy and even Usain chilled until he had to win at his best. Part of being the best is learning the control. And Sky is as tight as a tight thing.

Would be great to see him give it a go..But I think the 5th Tdf will be the main focus.

He has said that the biggest problem for him is he really battles with staying healthy in Europe that time of the year and he struggles in the cold.

But like everything else they have focused on I am sure they can come up with a plan that will work for him.

Ja, same here. AFAIK, he also has mild Asthma, like me. And when it is very cold outside, I usually don't go for a ride as I develop chest issues and bronchitis easily after that. 

Ja, I would prefer him to attack more too but I don't think we have a clue how hard it is to be consistent on the line they have to straddle. We have seen Lopez struggle after a big effort or two, and he is a more natural climber. Nibbles as well.

It's not just Froomey though, Nino also took it easy yesterday until the last few km, Moo Farah has always taken it easy and even Usain chilled until he had to win at his best. Part of being the best is learning the control. And Sky is as tight as a tight thing.

No... I didn't say the way he races. .I said the way they race [emoji6] .. sky smother races.. and yes they do it to get the win and that's the way it is unfortunately and they can because they have such depth but it's not something I like watching... I just want them to leave the Vuelta alone now..[emoji23][emoji23]

If Froome didn't have such a strong team he would have to do more on his own more often and he is very strong so he would probably light it up..but unfortunately doesn't need too[emoji53]

If I was in Froome's position, I wouldn't give a flying croissant about the TDF anymore. The French treat him so badly, piss, punches etc. It's disgusting.

Go win the Giro a few times, the Italians appreciate cycling more anyways. Will bring some extra coverage for the smaller GTs too, let's see how the French like that.

Doing Giro/Vuelta doubles ways more doable too. So GT wins could go up a lot quicker.

BUT I'm not him, so oh well. Enjoy the golden showers ol chap.

No... I didn't say the way he races. .I said the way they race [emoji6] .. sky smother races.. and yes they do it to get the win and that's the way it is unfortunately and they can because they have such depth but it's not something I like watching... I just want them to leave the Vuelta alone now..[emoji23][emoji23]

If Froome didn't have such a strong team he would have to do more on his own more often and he is very strong so he would probably light it up..but unfortunately doesn't need too[emoji53]

When you say "smother" I think you meant to type "control".

If I was in Froome's position, I wouldn't give a flying croissant about the TDF anymore. The French treat him so badly, piss, punches etc. It's disgusting.

Go win the Giro a few times, the Italians appreciate cycling more anyways. Will bring some extra coverage for the smaller GTs too, let's see how the French like that.

Doing Giro/Vuelta doubles ways more doable too. So GT wins could go up a lot quicker.

I'm with you in terms of the condemnation of recycled beer, but unfortunately it seems that Le Tour is The eclair of the pastries. I agree, salami and paella deserve more respect than they garner...

Funny part is no other rider next to or behind him saw or experienced any of the urine. I also remember a team mate not confirming it.

Funny part is no other rider next to or behind him saw or experienced any of the urine. I also remember a team mate not confirming it.

Do you disagree that the French treat him badly?

Are you saying that you think he lied about that?

1000% Most real cycling fans would agree.As a big Froomey fan him doing the Giro/Vuelta double now would mean much more than another Tdf.

He probably has 2 more good years left so at the latest 2019.

Surely Sky can start a project to take Thomas and Poels as GC leaders to Tdf and let Froome go for the other 2.

Sky won't let him do the Giro until he has at least 5 TDF victories [emoji34].

Sky won't let him do the Giro until he has at least 5 TDF victories [emoji34].

Jaaa, but can he win the August?

Archived