Gloves

Spinnekop

So....the topic is cloves.

I have had cloves that hurt.

Had some that makes your fingers tingle.

Current ones have stretched so much they are now 3 sizes to big!!

I have no preference as to brand.  As long as it does not have a Trek or a Giant logo on them! Big%20smile

What do you guys and gals use???

LBS has got expensive / patented / bells /whistles gloves R250.  But is has got a funny mesh between the fingers which I think is not going to last!  But the padding seem very good.....

Saw some Nike gloves for R150 that does not feature the normal valcro strap (which dies after a while).  Got a piece of material on the top that stretch (Think it will last?).  Padding is not 100% but the fit is stunning!!

Any opinions?  (Dumb question....I know....)
Spinnekop2006-10-06 04:00:45

I've got nice Pro's. A bit warm as they are completely black and have a cuff. Very comfortable. Cost about R180.

Yip, I have to second you there.....if you have larger than avarage hands you tend to find the gloves pinch you between your fingers.......

I have to say that Specialized range of gloves are excellent....Gel padding with a larger velcro section so you can really tighten them up........Plus they have a warrentee....so if they go they will replace them.....

The biggest plus is that they actually seem't to have cut the hand profile from ppl with our hands.....they don't pinch or crease in between your fingers..........and for R250 very little can compare

I suppose for the short finger gloves you need something thats got good padding in the palm area . I have been prety happy with the RavX stuff but they only last for a year . For the long stuff Scott is about as good as you will get and here I always look for a thin glove that will keep the cold out but can also be worn during winter . Once again RavX came to the table and gave me just that . :Unfortunately these gloves are no good for moving the hot ambers in a fire around as they burn holes very easily .

There is a local glove which is not to bad for like R110........Cycloglove.....but the fit is bad.......they pinch the crap out of you between your middle and index finger.........They got the templete compeltely wrong.......

If they manage to get this fixed they will be top notch......

Bought mine at Argus........and need to get them sorted....but it's a hassle for R110 :)

Got a set of fox gloves, padding are decent, and after a year of use they seems to hold up quite well.

Big%20smile

I have Pro's..like the feel, no pinching on  the fingers etc....still fits well..with the double handlebar tape I have extra comfort...

"DTThumbs%20Up"

i also like Pro's. i'm currently using some other make... forget the name, and am incredibly happy with them, but they are the lady-specific fit, so i don't think they'd be the same for guys....

Road bike -> Pros/Scott.  The Pro's have nice padding and the fit is OK.  The Scotts are flipping comfortable, but no padding.

MTB -> Full finger Ryder gloves.  Works LEKKER

I like the Pro gloves. Worst pair of gloves i found were the Ryder ones, bought 2 pairs and both fell to pieces in less than 3 months.

So....the topic is cloves.

I have had cloves that hurt.

Spidey - perhaps the cloves are the problem. Try some gloves.

Like the Fox ones.