Cape Town aims to become cycling super city!

Robbie Stewart

So, City of Cape Town wants to be recognized as a cycling super city in the ilk of Euro style commuting etc.

http://traveller24.news24.com/Explore/SAHolidayGuide/cape-town-aims-to-become-bicycling-super-city-20170118

My 2 cents contribution is that in order for this to become a reality, stricter law enforcement on the existing cycle routes need to be enforced. By example, Paarden Island - Town via N1 underpass. Too much poo happening there. Now Durbanville has become a bike-jack hotspot.

The CoCT has the right idea, but it seems their focus is a bit off.

discuss...

I haven't read through this...

But a 1st world idea in a 3rd world country..... eish !!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read through this...

But a 1st world idea in a 3rd world country..... eish !!!

ja why don't we all just say WTF and give up.

There was a great big bulldozer there today moving the dunes away so your oke with his wheelbarrow can move his 10 loads a day.

Pity it took 4 months to get the bulldozer there. Also a pity the bulldozer cannot clean the drains either.

That sand dune on the bus stop is crazy. The city really needs to rethink the sand retention policies there.

The sand makes my matte black tyres and rims look terrible. And there is no way of avoiding it without turning into Empire or risking the sewage outside the police station.

That sand dune on the bus stop is crazy. The city really needs to rethink the sand retention policies there.

The sand makes my matte black tyres and rims look terrible. And there is no way of avoiding it without turning into Empire or risking the sewage outside the police station.

I also can't deal with the dirt on my tires.

From Empire. At the last stop street turn into Brighton which turns into Alexander and you pop out at Princess.

No wonder blue collar commuters don't think of bicycles as a feasible method of transport.

Seriously, think about it!

Here we go, it has a wide shoulder and runs all the way from S/W to Claremont.

I must ask is that section through MP and Khayalitsha safe? Do you actually use that route regularly?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived