Dis-Chem Ride For Sight 2017

GaryvdM

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On our club ride today, we saw some rather large potholes that need to be filled before race day.

A few through Alrode South down the steps, at Klipriver, the left turn before the drag up to Kareekloof (FastOne turned right here and closed the slipway), a few on the R23 between Heidelberg and Carnival City. Not sure about the few Km between Barry Marais Road and the stadium - we didn't ride it today.

There was representation from the organizers on this forum in the past. Hopefully they will fill these before race day. Too dangerous to simply mark.

If we have today's wind, it will make for interesting racing/times. A nice cross-tailwind after turning left after the reserve.

Was clear on the weekend. No massive sinkholes. Went around there a few times last week and the weekend. the entrance to the stadium is tight and the surface is not fantastic. I think rather cautious than go down on the ruff stuff. 

I hope I can just hang on this year and have no mechs. I had both rims crack last year and was running double tubes from 50km trying to make it home at least. Was not fun.

Hoping for a good incident free day in AL... :ph34r:

On our club ride today, we saw some rather large potholes that need to be filled before race day.

A few through Alrode South down the steps, at Klipriver, the left turn before the drag up to Kareekloof (FastOne turned right here and closed the slipway), a few on the R23 between Heidelberg and Carnival City. Not sure about the few Km between Barry Marais Road and the stadium - we didn't ride it today.

There was representation from the organizers on this forum in the past. Hopefully they will fill these before race day. Too dangerous to simply mark.

If we have today's wind, it will make for interesting racing/times. A nice cross-tailwind after turning left after the reserve.

Rode part of the route going past the kareekloof entrance yesterday afternoon and every small hole i went past had been circled with spray paint, not sure if you had this on your sunday ride?

Hopefully marking them for repairs - i do find midvaal municipality are normally very quick to fix potholes 

Rode part of the route going past the kareekloof entrance yesterday afternoon and every small hole i went past had been circled with spray paint, not sure if you had this on your sunday ride?

Hopefully marking them for repairs - i do find midvaal municipality are normally very quick to fix potholes

Can't say I noticed any spray painting. Hopefully the holes are filled and not merely marked.

Edited by geraldm24

There has been absolutely no mercy in the races I have done in VA so far... The boys go flat taps from the start  :wacko:

You Sir...........are not helping!  :eek:

You Sir...........are not helping!  :eek:

The VA racing is really hot ! , I rather start in the open groups as its not fun hanging on for the first 60 km and then find yourself in no mans land the rest of the way . . . 

have fun in VA  !

The VA racing is really hot ! , I rather start in the open groups as its not fun hanging on for the first 60 km and then find yourself in no mans land the rest of the way . . . 

have fun in VA  !

You Prozac are no fun rider so please ride in VA where the machines belong !!!

Let us fun riders have some fun.

Can't say I noticed any spray painting. Hopefully the holes are filled and merely marked.

Saw a couple of holes marked, but looks like old markings.

Can't say I noticed any spray painting. Hopefully the holes are filled and merely marked.

And preferably with no one standing IN them as a warning  :eek: