Cyclist down

Deon_Nivvy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been avoiding thehub and this topic for fear of the outcome. 

RIP Andrew

Strength to the family in this terrible time.

RIP Andrew  :blush: 

Too often, too close to home, so very needless.

Hope by some miracle that justice is served and a proper example is set.

Further thoughts, there is no way there isn't some footage somewhere of this scum, and there is no way the people at the shebeen and the police mentioned do not know who they are.

As a cycling community we must not rest until someone is held accountable for this tragedy!

Strength to the family at this time

I have been there.......and it was a very close call for me.....RIP Andrew ....so sad.....

Edited by daniele

RIP.

never met you but you were my brother as a fellow cyclist.

Can we start a fund to trace the murderer ?

Tragically sad news !! I too never knew Andrew, but he was one of 'us' .. a member of the cycling fraternity at large. My condolences to his family and friends.

One of the tools in fighting crime is cellphone tower triangulation (whereby dates/times/cell numbers/distance from towers is recorded .. think of how certain individuals' whereabouts were recently compromised in the previous Public Protectors report). Such information can normally only be accessed by a court order, and hopefully the investigators tasked with this case will do the necessary and try make use of it. In this case it would be probably be useful to compile a list of cellphone numbers (+IMEI number) of the known people (cyclists and other) that were in the vicinity at the time of the incident, and then submit it as an addendum to the statement that has no doubt been made to the SAPS. Perhaps also to a private investigator if one has been retained. This information will rule out those people from other cellphone activity that was detected in the vicinity of those towers at the time, and also prove distance and movement direction from cell phone towers, as well as the detail of the unknown numbers.

Tragically sad news !! I too never knew Andrew, but he was one of 'us' .. a member of the cycling fraternity at large. My condolences to his family and friends.

One of the tools in fighting crime is cellphone tower triangulation (whereby dates/times/cell numbers/distance from towers is recorded .. think of how certain individuals' whereabouts were recently compromised in the previous Public Protectors report). Such information can normally only be accessed by a court order, and hopefully the investigators tasked with this case will do the necessary and try make use of it. In this case it would be probably be useful to compile a list of cellphone numbers (+IMEI number) of the known people (cyclists and other) that were in the vicinity at the time of the incident, and then submit it as an addendum to the statement that has no doubt been made to the SAPS. Perhaps also to a private investigator if one has been retained. This information will rule out those people from other cellphone activity that was detected in the vicinity of those towers at the time, and also prove distance and movement direction from cell phone towers, as well as the detail of the unknown numbers.

What is unacceptable for me, is the lack of accountability. The lack of prosecution, the lack of commitment of the police to actually bring the perpetrators to book.

If indeed the police was involved, a complaint needs to be made to IPID due to gross negligence on part of the police.

Sorry, this is not the thread for this.

This is so f#cken sad, every time I read a thread like this... it could have been anyone of us! 

RIP, condolences to the family.

I have no words - just a profound sense of sadness this morning.

My hart bloei vir die familie.

Andrew, rus in vrede.