SA Customs

TrailWarrior

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

China.. Ebay... no option only EMS/SAPO

O yes they take ages! even on a good day.

Probably fair seeing as they usually don't charge for shipping.

I know this isn't strictly customs related, but posting it nevertheless as it may help someone:

Worth mentioning (from personal experience) that 17TRACK is way more useful than any of the other tracking services I used: http://17track.net/

Also, if your parcel status is Receive item at office of exchange (based on whether you are in CPT or JHB), you can probably go and collect it yourself (if that's an option).

My most recent order from CRC was split into two parcels (wheelset + tyres & tubes) and the second parcel arrived a day after the first, but remained on the status above for over a week. I eventually phoned EMS South Africa in Cape Town and they told me my parcel was at Bayside Post Office (not that far from where it was meant to be delivered). So I went to collect it myself.

:thumbup:

I know this isn't strictly customs related, but posting it nevertheless as it may help someone:

Worth mentioning (from personal experience) that 17TRACK is way more useful than any of the other tracking services I used: http://17track.net/

Also, if your parcel status is Receive item at office of exchange (based on whether you are in CPT or JHB), you can probably go and collect it yourself (if that's an option).

My most recent order from CRC was split into two parcels (wheelset + tyres & tubes) and the second parcel arrived a day after the first, but remained on the status above for over a week. I eventually phoned EMS South Africa in Cape Town and they told me my parcel was at Bayside Post Office (not that far from where it was meant to be delivered). So I went to collect it myself.

:thumbup:

Hi upon using 17track.net it says the following;

2017-06-13 22:43

South Africa, The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country.

how many more steps does it need to progress until i can collect?

Here's a different slant on customs to add a bit of context. I ordered a Lyne dropper a while back. It was sent within a couple of days and has now shown as sitting with customs in the UK for the past 8 days. When I queried the courier company this morning, they said that it could take up to ten working days before customs release it, so two days with SA customs doesn't sound too bad .

Hi upon using 17track.net it says the following;

2017-06-13 22:43

South Africa, The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country.

how many more steps does it need to progress until i can collect?

Try putting your international tracking number into http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ under the SAPO link... if it's on the system will give you the info.

Sounds like it has just left Joburg International mail Centre and is going to Customs.... so there at lease 3 if not 4 steps to go... 

Back to JIMC

Transit to Cape Mail

Transit to local PO etc

Try putting your international tracking number into http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ under the SAPO link... if it's on the system will give you the info.

Sounds like it has just left Joburg International mail Centre and is going to Customs.... so there at lease 3 if not 4 steps to go... 

Back to JIMC

Transit to Cape Mail

Transit to local PO etc

Cannot be, my tracking said that it went into customs on monday and is now en route to the delivery depot

see attached

PS: Item was shipped with German post not DHL

post-114499-0-85266100-1497451424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Customshelp

if something goes wrong with the parcel at JIMC, good luck trying to get it sorted out via the call centre (the only way). No matter what promises they make, what you send that they tell you is required, chances are nothing will happen and with any luck it will be returned to sender. They are frigging useless (that should be in caps). Its worse than its ever been.

What trips up the clearing process and causes a crash is when they cant find an Invoice on the parcel or they cant figure the value / customs clas so make sure you ask the send to attach an Invoice to the docs on the out side of the parcel.

Cannot be, my tracking said that it went into customs on monday and is now en route to the delivery depot

see attached

The German DHL packet service is pretty good. I ordered an Xbox One from Germany a year ago and it took a week to get to me from purchase to delivery.

So got klapped R1400 duty on a package worth $150Aus WTF. That's 100% My wife went to collect and didn't ask questions.

I genuinely hate SA customs so much! I pay enough tax as is. Over it.

The German DHL packet service is pretty good. I ordered an Xbox One from Germany a year ago and it took a week to get to me from purchase to delivery.

did you track it all the way on on the DHL site?

Told you to use the local site with your international tracking number... it will tell you exactly where it is

No I actually tracked it with an android app that gave me notifications every time it moved. I cannot for the life of me, remember what it was called.

So got klapped R1400 duty on a package worth $150Aus WTF. That's 100% My wife went to collect and didn't ask questions.

Crikey!

What did you buy, clothing?

see attached

What does it say today?