Anyone using Zwift?

Worked hard for it, so Tron bike of course.

Saw a guy the other day on facebook forum saying he is at 60km of climbing and no sign of tron bike yet.

Never selected the challenge...

Ouch.

Wow. That's his own mistake though, an honest one. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually had that discussion with her pre-zwift when I was doing my workouts built on the TACX software and it pretty much comes down to getting a feel of your body - after a few months of training I had a pretty good idea that if she said I needed to ride at 60-70% FTP that would be on 2%, 70-80% was 3% and above 80% was 4%, and all of those were at an intensity which was very close to what it should be.  I initially tried to keep my HR and Power in the same zones by changing Cadence and Gradient but it became almost impossible to balance, and given that we were basing my program on Power, I opted to use Power as the first metric.  I'll chat to her again, but I'm pretty sure she's going to say the same thing.

With the Incline selection in the app you can just pick 1 of the 10 levels (don't quote me on that number) and you then effectively have a dumb trainer, where your power numbers goes up and down with your cadence (or gear), which is a more accurate representation of an IRL race. I think ERG mode just takes the guesswork out of it all. I liken it to a treadmill.

I think the overwhelming majority of us use the IDT to supplement our outdoor riding. 

Yes sir..... I've tried all ports and almost everything :-(

Are you using an extension cable?

If you do, try plugging the dongle straight into the PC and see if you get the same error. Then you can at least eliminate the extension cable as the issue.

I wish.

Merida.

Odd that they haven't added Merida, or a few others for that matter, with almost every team having done group rides on Zwift in the last few months, plus of course the vTour.

Odd that they haven't added Merida, or a few others for that matter, with almost every team having done group rides on Zwift in the last few months, plus of course the vTour.

tbh they should add all World Tour bikes. Not to hate on the brand, but they have some obscure Kiwi brand on there? And a Lance approved Ventum frame too...

tbh they should add all World Tour bikes. Not to hate on the brand, but they have some obscure Kiwi brand on there? And a Lance approved Ventum frame too...

I wonder how much fun it is discussing with the bike manufacturers exactly how many stars their pride-and-joy faster-than-anything-before should have on Zwift :D

Not sure if this has been shared here, but I find https://zwifthub.com/ to be a great site for planning workouts/keeping track of completed routes etc

Would be great if it finished syncing already!

I've been waiting more than two weeks now for my activities to sync..

New activities sync immediately, but older activities are queued.

Apparently they are having issues with Strava to get the data from users quicker than they are currently allowed to.

Would be great if it finished syncing already!

I've been waiting more than two weeks now for my activities to sync..

New activities sync immediately, but older activities are queued.

Apparently they are having issues with Strava to get the data from users quicker than they are currently allowed to.

Sorry Muttley, I'm thinking of Zwiftsegments.com !! Also a nice website that tracks your Routes and Route PR's automatically from Strava, and don't need manual input like Zwifthub.com. But like I said, still a rather new website and they are struggling with all the interest to get everyone's data to sync at the moment.

Right, so first Zwift ride done.

Everything connected up just fine except for HR which I presume is a limitation of the band that I got with the edge 520 bundle and I’m guessing so because it connects to the Edge so it is working,does that sound about right?

I used the Edge at the same time so now I have duplicate workouts in Connect and Strava as expected, what is the way around this?

Right, so first Zwift ride done.

Everything connected up just fine except for HR which I presume is a limitation of the band that I got with the edge 520 bundle and I’m guessing so because it connects to the Edge so it is working,does that sound about right?

I used the Edge at the same time so now I have duplicate workouts in Connect and Strava as expected, what is the way around this?

If you going to record everything with Garmin, don't bother uploading from Zwift (turn off the sync), then won't be duplicate.  Just upload from Garmin 520

I suspect you have connected via bluetooth and your garmin HR is ANT+ and is why not showing up in Zwift

Edited by shaper

I competed a 100 clicks ride that is not reflecting in the badges section. Anybody with experience or badges having to be done again?

I competed a 100 clicks ride that is not reflecting in the badges section. Anybody with experience or badges having to be done again?

I have had some app crashes where I had to redo a route in order to receive a route badge.

you can upload the activity file to zwift and log a query. There are a lot of factors that could contribute to not receiving the badge.

If you have to redo the 100 clicks badge, I suggest combining it with the 25 volcano laps. Also do it on a TT bike to gain serious XP points. Normally lots of support on companion for peeps doing the 25 laps.