[Event] Amarider 100 & 50 Miler - Presented By Bike Hub

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Amarider 100 & 50 Miler - Presented By Bike Hub
When: 20 May 2017
Where: Malmesbury, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Ride the Swartland during the Amarider 100Miler and 50Miler in Autumn

Is riding 100 miles off road on your bucket list? If so, the ninth edition of The Amarider 100Miler, presented by The Bike Hub is the perfect race to get it done. Held in Malmesbury on 20 May, this race is the ultimate Swartland meander offering dirt road riding around the Kasteelberg and surrounds.

This individual one-day mountain bike ultra-marathon of 160km is affordable and a very special event. This event will start early morning just as the sun is rising, with astounding scenery that is spellbound to keep the legs going for many hours. Only pre-entries will be accepted for both distances.

The 160km (100Miler) route is divided into three sections of approximately 55km with two compulsory timing checkpoints. The format of the race creates perfect vantage points for spectators and support. While the competition is based on solo riders completing the entire course these riders can form 4-man teams and enjoy a day out with mates on a saddle (of course)! With live Amarider Trail Tag timing and check points on the route, it is exciting to follow the racing online.

The shorter route option of the 50Miler (80km), starts at the halfway mark at Riebeeck Kasteel and ends with the 100Miler riders at the Malmesbury Showgrounds. This event also provides an opportunity for keen riders to taste endurance riding along with twist and turns against the clock. The full route has 2400m of climbing!

Finishing the Amarider 100 Miler within the 10hours 30minutes cut-off time is one of the most challenging endurance tests!

DATE: Saturday, 20 May 2017

TIME: 07h30 (100Miler) & 09h00 (50Miler)

DISTANCE: 160km with an 80km shorter option

VENUE: Malmesbury

COST:

100Miler: R 580

50Miler: R 350

Amarider members get R50 discount on entry fee

For further information email info@amarider.co.za or info@dirtopia.co.za or contact 021 884 4547 or 021 884 4752 otherwise see the website: www.amarider.co.za or www.dirtopia.co.za

Go to Event Page

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really keen on doing this again this year (50 miler) but i got bullied into doing the capetown12 run on the sunday and now i dont know how i will feel about doing both.

Will do a check closer to the time and then decide, it is 2 months (3) away so maybe...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I've done 4 or 5 before but last year I had to bail, something I very rarely do no matter what. So I've got unfinished business here to take care of.

I think I've done 4 or 5 before but last year I had to bail, something I very rarely do no matter what. So I've got unfinished business here to take care of.

As long as you don't have someone uninvited hang onto your shirt pocket.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

As long as you don't have someone uninvited hang onto your shirt pocket.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

That happened a long time ago & its water under the bridge now.  :devil:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I ride a 1x10 groupset with a 32t in front and have 42t back as some of the climbs in Tygerberg are quite steep and I need the gearing, my question for the 50miler is, should I go to 34t up front as I run out of gearing on the downs quite a bit, I haven't done the race yet so unsure of terrain etc.

Hey guys, I ride a 1x10 groupset with a 32t in front and have 42t back as some of the climbs in Tygerberg are quite steep and I need the gearing, my question for the 50miler is, should I go to 34t up front as I run out of gearing on the downs quite a bit, I haven't done the race yet so unsure of terrain etc.

If you want to finish it fast, top speed then go for the 34t, I never did the race before but the profile does not suggest that one's climbing will be tested. That is why I still love my  2 x 10, just get on and ride! 

Hey and enjoy!

First timer. 50miler. Looking forward to this!

So: Dual Suss, HT or Gravel Grinder?

Edit: I'm a rider not a racer. Middle of the pack at best and currently leaning towards the DS as i think many km's of corrugated gravel might take its toll towards the end.

Edited by Ferro

Very bumpy road I would go for DS

First timer. 50miler. Looking forward to this!

So: Dual Suss, HT or Gravel Grinder?

Edit: I'm a rider not a racer. Middle of the pack at best and currently leaning towards the DS as i think many km's of corrugated gravel might take its toll towards the end.

If you want to finish it fast, top speed then go for the 34t, I never did the race before but the profile does not suggest that one's climbing will be tested. That is why I still love my  2 x 10, just get on and ride! 

Hey and enjoy!

There are no major climbs. However, all the rolling climbs are toward the end and it is usually into the wind and can be taxing.