Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

Just remember that a CSA membership is different to a CSA racing license.

CSA membership is something like R155 per year and racing license is another R350 on top of that. Racing license is only required if you planning on racing in CAT1/Elites.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I say - not something that will have any impact on me at all. I strongly suspect that CAT3 is as far as I'll get for now. 

Doesn't mean I cant be a beast though.

CSA membership is something like R155 per year and racing license is another R350 on top of that. Racing license is only required if you planning on racing in CAT1/Elites.

Also, Racing license is per season (2016 or 2017 etc)  and normal member is valid for year after joining.

So if you buy racing licence in Dec, it will be valid till the end of that year (Season), but get a normal membership will be valid till next year December

Anyone have information on the 3 day stage race @ the end of April?

WP initially penciled that long weekend for a 3 day stage race but at the last meeting it was agreed to cancel that idea as it was to short notice.

We are definitely putting on a 1 day race on Sunday 30 April but there is a chance of us doing a double header that weekend. I am having a meeting with the WPCA board tomorrow evening to discuss this and I will let you guys know what was decided.

Only issue is that we need support at these events.

What would everyone prefer though?

1) 2 x 100kms road race on that weekend(Fri 27 & Sun 30 April)

2) 100km road race(Sunday 30 April) + a Individual time trial(Monday 1 May)

3) 3 day road stage race (100kms per day)

Maybe I should start a new thread with a poll for this to gauge interest.

WP initially penciled that long weekend for a 3 day stage race but at the last meeting it was agreed to cancel that idea as it was to short notice.

We are definitely putting on a 1 day race on Sunday 30 April but there is a chance of us doing a double header that weekend. I am having a meeting with the WPCA board tomorrow evening to discuss this and I will let you guys know what was decided.

Hey Bankie, 

Where would these be?

A road race, a gunners circle lap race, then a TT?

Like I say - not something that will have any impact on me at all. I strongly suspect that CAT3 is as far as I'll get for now. 

Doesn't mean I cant be a beast though.

We plod around in Cat 2, cannot be bothered to buy timing chip or racing license.

Hey Bankie,

Where would these be?

It might sound stupid, but if you do a TT make it with normal road bike without TT bars. You can easily take 2 minutes or more for the guys with full TT bike and kit. And that kind of kills the GC in a multi stage race?

Edit: maybe for cat 2 and 3, the suggestion above.

Hey Bankie, 

Where would these be?

The road race on the Sunday is a definite and that is planned in Durbanville on the Paarl De Ville course of 57km's per lap and looking to do 2 laps for the 3 CATS.

Check out the route profile - https://www.strava.com/routes/7900699

We could always do Fisantekraal loops 1 of the other days and a TT in the same area.

It might sound stupid, but if you do a TT make it with normal road bike without TT bars. You can easily take 2 minutes or more for the guys with full TT bike and kit. And that kind of kills the GC in a multi stage race?

Edit: maybe for cat 2 and 3, the suggestion above.

Remember these league races is to enhance cycling in WP and RSA.

WP & CSA actually wants more TT races so that our local riders can become better at TT's so they encourage the riders to come out in full TT kit and bike.

UCI rules apply at all WP races and you cannot exempt TT setups on a TT stage that just wouldn't make sense.

PS - I dont own a TT bike or TT bars and TT suits either I am just stating the rules and facts.

Remember these league races is to enhance cycling in WP and RSA.

WP & CSA actually wants more TT races so that our local riders can become better at TT's so they encourage the riders to come out in full TT kit and bike.

UCI rules apply at all WP races and you cannot exempt TT setups on a TT stage that just wouldn't make sense.

PS - I dont own a TT bike or TT bars and TT suits either I am just stating the rules and facts.

Point taken about the rules. And I understand for Cat 1. And actually agree about having more TTs.

I was just thinking that for other Cats it might even the playing field a bit. Nobody likes to lose, not because they don't try hard enough, bu because they can't afford an expensive TT bike and accessories over an already expensive road bike.

Point taken about the rules. And I understand for Cat 1. And actually agree about having more TTs.

I was just thinking that for other Cats it might even the playing field a bit. Nobody likes to lose, not because they don't try hard enough, bu because they can't afford an expensive TT bike and accessories over an already expensive road bike.

So if you are not Cat 1 and you have a TT bike you are not allowed to use it? That also doesn't seem particularly encouraging to me for people who want to do TT's?

Don't think the competition in Cat 2 and above is so serious that it really matters if you do your TT on a normal bike?

Hey Bankie,

Where would these be?

How about a TTT ????

So if you are not Cat 1 and you have a TT bike you are not allowed to use it? That also doesn't seem particularly encouraging to me for people who want to do TT's?

Don't think the competition in Cat 2 and above is so serious that it really matters if you do your TT on a normal bike?

The competition is just as serious in CAT3 as it is in CAT1 dont ever doubt that :eek:  maybe just a little slower but just as serious. Even the junior CATS are very competitive.

Like I said prize money is up for grabs and overall winter league points as well as team points and that is what makes the WP league series so fantastic.

Looking forward to the official invitation by WPC

With all the details and stuff as it's confirmed

Option3 would be AWESOME please

Archived