Amashova 2017

Duane_Bosch

Not really, you will see guys standing with bike banners that state the start group. Just keep a look out for your group and then fall in behind.

My OCD nature puts me in my starting chute 1hour before, allows for any unforseen delays.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a lekker ride! First time doing it and I'll definitely be back again!

Great thanks to the guy in the Giant kit in CL for your selfless time at the front pulling us to a preliminary finish time of 2h58.

Yo, some of those first climbs really hurt and I got spat out of the front group. But the rest of the route is brilliant!

But the sms time is 21 minutes slower than my garmin...

Mine too, but then I went to the Racetek site and the time is correct there.

Finished my 10th Amashova today. Rode in BL batch which seemed to split up a bit up Fox Hill and again in the Botha's hill area (?) until there were 9 of us. Caught a number of AL riders and ended up finishing in 2h43.

Chuffed with it considering I have ridden a bicycle 3 times this year - once as a lead bicycle for a 42km run in March, a 40km ride in April, and a 35km ride on Wednesday. A decent running base helped a massive amount! I tried to have a few turns on the front but thought it prudent to save some energy considering my lack of riding.

Great thanks to the guy in the Giant kit in CL for your selfless time at the front pulling us to a preliminary finish time of 2h58.

Yo, some of those first climbs really hurt and I got spat out of the front group. But the rest of the route is brilliant!

It is a lekker ride and brilliant route, so bummed I missed it this year.

I think his name was Colin. he did huge work up front.

And the Cadence guys also put in lots of work. Kudos to them.

Edited by chainsaw

Finished my 10th Amashova today. Rode in BL batch which seemed to split up a bit up Fox Hill and again in the Botha's hill area (?) until there were 9 of us. Caught a number of AL riders and ended up finishing in 2h43.

Chuffed with it considering I have ridden a bicycle 3 times this year - once as a lead bicycle for a 42km run in March, a 40km ride in April, and a 35km ride on Wednesday. A decent running base helped a massive amount! I tried to have a few turns on the front but thought it prudent to save some energy considering my lack of riding.

You guys caught us! (which was useful cause we were slacking a little with pace)

Well done on a monster effort and time! 

A minute faster than the winners from AL.

A minute faster than the winners from AL.

Wasn't there this year, but this has to be the Tri-X boys right?

I have done a few Amashovas and have to say that between the 94.7, the Argus and the Amashova I actually like the route of the Amashova the most.  I actually do not like Durban at all but would go down there anytime to go do the Amashova.