Gloves: 30%

Helmets (fullface or other): 25%

Knee pads and other protective equipment: 20%

plastic bottles: 15%

whole bicycles: 15%

Goggles: 0%

bike components: 0%

cycling electronics: 0%

Thanks for this Cippo, And what about wheel, does this fall under components.?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My parcel arrived yesterday, two pairs of five tens and a light paid 2k for duties and vat.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what this means

post-2975-0-26193400-1491374333_thumb.png

Is it detained, or has it been released, I've never seen this on my parcels before

Can anyone tell me what this means

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170404-205255.png

Is it detained, or has it been released, I've never seen this on my parcels before

Dean, it shows your parcel arriving, being assessed by SARS, passed and then passed to SAPO Int mail for further dispatch into the delivery system :thumbup:

Just placed an order with CRC and the amount billed to my credit card was not the invoiced amount. Shipping is via courier, so is the amount difference anticipated import duties to expedite things this side?

have queried with them, but was hoping the Hub would answer faster

Just placed an order with CRC and the amount billed to my credit card was not the invoiced amount. Shipping is via courier, so is the amount difference anticipated import duties to expedite things this side?

How big is the difference, and did you use the correct exchange rate? Bank selling rate is higher than the trading? rate

CRCs' currency converter is not  "current". 

It gets update once or twice a week

Google Pound to Rand and enter the amount in there for a more accurate cost. 

Even then there is sometimes a few rand discrepancies as from the  time you buy, or get the sms form you bank and the time the transaction concludes  the currency fluctuates. 

Budget about R100 to R200 more per order always. 

You'll still pay less than local. 

Edited by IH8MUD

CRCs' currency converter is not  "current". 

It gets update once or twice a week

Google Pound to Rand and enter the amount in there for a more accurate cost. 

Even then there is sometimes a few rand discrepancies as from the  time you buy, or get the sms form you bank and the time the transaction concludes  the currency fluctuates. 

Also remember that the Google rate is the mid-rate, and the rate at which you buy GBP will always be higher than that by between 2 - 3% or so, depending on your carrier. 

How big is the difference, and did you use the correct exchange rate? Bank selling rate is higher than the trading? rate

1700 -> 1900? quite a big diff to eat actually

1700 -> 1900? quite a big diff to eat actually

Wasn't perhaps last week when the currency fluctuated around the Cabinet changes was it? Perhaps you were unlucky enough to get hit with a **** rate. Your credit card statement should show the rate

Your bank charges 3-4% for online overseas purchases.

When CRC banks transaction that is the exchange rate used.

VAT is taken on goods amount excl postage plus 10% and exxhange rate used is on the day parcel leaves country of origin.

They don't add the 10% to your customs invoice just use it to calculate the VAT. You pay approximately 15.4% of purchase price excl postage.

Your bank charges 3-4% for online overseas purchases.

When CRC banks transaction that is the exchange rate used.

VAT is taken on goods amount excl postage plus 10% and exxhange rate used is on the day parcel leaves country of origin.

They don't add the 10% to your customs invoice just use it to calculate the VAT. You pay approximately 15.4% of purchase price excl postage.

Yeah but the VAT and ATB isn't calculated at time of purchase. Only at time of clearance

Yeah but the VAT and ATB isn't calculated at time of purchase. Only at time of clearance

Ja nee, always factor in a margin so be pretty sure its a great deal even if market fluctuates.