[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Actually agree with you on this one. Ideally you would want to break away with two to three others and roll through the whole course. Much less stress than riding in a mega group with 100 twitchy riders.

And here's the secret.... There will in all likelihood only be 3 or 4 guys pulling the chasing peloton. So you aren't racing the entire group, only those few who actually pull.....

But shhhhhhh ;)

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Name: Emperors Palace Classic
When: 23 April 2017
Where: Emperors Palace, Gauteng
Category: Road

Billed as "The Race of Dreams", the event's offering is stunning and includes both road riders and mountain bikers. The racing starts with the 20km and 40km MTB races on the Saturday, followed by the 48km and 98km road races the following day.

The road races start at 06h15 (98km) and 07h46 (48km) respectively on Sunday while the 40km MTB event starts at 08h00 and 08h15 for the 20km on Saturday.

The road routes offer fast and flat circuits with good surfaces throughout. The total ascent on the 98km ride is 358 metres while the 48km ride presents 240 metres of vertical ascent.

Go to Event Page

But if you don't do this year's Carnival race, then you'll say the same for next year's 947, and again the year after, and, and, and...

you better keep the wind away this year... not driving 600km only to get blasted for 100km :cursing: :cursing:

you better keep the wind away this year... not driving 600km only to get blasted for 100km :cursing: :cursing:

Right now, hoping the trend of event cancellations doesn't continue.

But if you don't do this year's Carnival race, then you'll say the same for next year's 947, and again the year after, and, and, and...

Doing the Carnival MTB short and road long, will be a good training ride for the 947, plus its right on my doorstep. 

Right now, hoping the trend of event cancellations doesn't continue.

I doubt the wind can be as bad as Cpt, and there's no chance of being blown of any mountains into the ocean... Then I don't think the organizers of an already great event can be as **** as the ones at Letape. Lastly there's no mountain passes to wash away.

I think you are safe !

I doubt the wind can be as bad as Cpt, and there's no chance of being blown of any mountains into the ocean... Then I don't think the organizers of an already great event can be as **** as the ones at Letape. Lastly there's no mountain passes to wash away.

I think you are safe !

Yeah, but was there not talk of re-routing the short ride due to planned protest action?

Yeah, but was there not talk of re-routing the short ride due to planned protest action?

Correct. But the last few posts refers to Frostys Carnival City race.

Correct. But the last few posts refers to Frostys Carnival City race.

My bad, sorry, should have read properly.

Got my Race number via sms just now...

Did this race last year from HL, this year AL :eek:, what did I get myself into... :wacko:

Am I missing something with the route finish...

"This takes the race off the late morning busy sections in Rondebult Road and brings the event back into Emperors via Griffith Road.

Out of Jet Park the event does a .right turn into Yaldwin Road, followed by a left into Taljaard and left again into Jones road to reach the finish, which is at the same spot as the start."

If we go right on Yaldwyn, we never go up to Griffith? We did Griffith last year I think?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by PietSw

Am I missing something with the route finish...

"This takes the race off the late morning busy sections in Rondebult Road and brings the event back into Emperors via Griffith Road.

Out of Jet Park the event does a .right turn into Yaldwin Road, followed by a left into Taljaard and left again into Jones road to reach the finish, which is at the same spot as the start."

If we go right on Yaldwyn, we never go up to Griffith? We did Griffith last year I think?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm sure start and finish in Jones. Griffith is further up (North)