[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Below is a paste of the email in its entirety.

I am posting it not because I give a continental about the goody bag. I don't. But it contains a lot other important info, so i thought it would be useful to share.

To beat Spinnekop's drum, it's galactic stupidity to make us give up a working afternoon and a quarter tank of avgas to pick up a lousy piece paper. If I can't delegate this, I will in future do the unthinkable with a permanent marker on the reverse side of last year's race number.

Turning to the below mail, I am mildly concerned about what they have to say re the merge with the short race, having once been nearly taken out on the skf finishing hill by a bonked and wildly weaving short distance rider. Great Caution will be needed to keep the rubber face down after the merge, especially because the bunches will be bigger than ever this year, if the subscription uptake and the mild weather predictions are to be believed.

Be. Careful. Out. There. Your family, your collar bone & spleen are more important than your sub 3.

HOW do you bonk on flat 40km route????

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly............. 100m of that is registration tables........... what specials?

​Grab a cup of coffee on your way out...... that's about the best deal :whistling: 

This is probably why we are forced to go collect a piece of paper 60km away.

Why don't we take it upon ourselves, each one of us, to just ask the registration people why the hell we drive all over the place to collect pieces of paper.

If enough people ask, they will listen sooner rather than later.

This makes me think of how the metered taxis are trying to stay relevant.

Hammer, nail, head... :clap:

Until the number of unhappy riders are known, the attempt to solve the current number collection problem will never happen.

Been on holiday so will have to get a late entry for the longer distance.

Hopefully break the 4h00 mark

This is my view from work. This is the only race where I can walk to registration. Pity I am not doing ASG races anymore.

post-58906-0-98414800-1492674375_thumb.jpg

ASG is really good at "breaking things" to put it lighty. No more Dome to Dome and did they not take over Kremetart, double the price and had to cancel the event. I get you have to make money as a business.. But they ripping us a new one.. Cycling has a lot to learn from Running Races. At this rate, Im also not doing any more of their races.. Emperors will be the last.. just too expensive.

Emperors R390 / 98KM = R3.80 P/KM..

Amashova R390 / 106km = R3.67 P/KM full road closure and ALOT more logistics being point to point

Fast One R290 / 97km = R2.98 /KM

R4S R310/ 116km = R2.67 /KM

R4S with Donation (which is my choice if I want to support a charity or not) =R350 / 116KM = R3.10/ KM

Now I ask you???

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by PietSw

I am new to road racing but i keep on getting a distinct feeling that I'm being ripped off.

Once that cost-benefit calculation starts running in my head, the FUN slowly drains away. Pity.

I am new to road racing but i keep on getting a distinct feeling that I'm being ripped off.

Once that cost-benefit calculation starts running in my head, the FUN slowly drains away. Pity.

I just did that rough calculation for you ????

Hence the reason I don't do ASG events anymore. Pity because a few of the events I really enjoy. Kremetart being one of my favorite races.

Jip.  Exactly. 

This is the reason why it started in the first place.  To get people to go to the bike shop.  Feet in the store.

We use to have permanent numbers.  Until Cyclelab changed the model.

Like I said before.  I will NOT support any "commercial exploitation" if you make me drive all the way there to pick up a piece of paper.

Why don't we take it upon ourselves, each one of us, to just ask the registration people why the hell we drive all over the place to collect pieces of paper.

If enough people ask, they will listen sooner rather than later.

This makes me think of how the metered taxis are trying to stay relevant.

Not one event goes by that I don't ask the question.

The last "discussion" I had was left me with the feeling that it was CSA that was unwilling to change the "formula".

I got the feeling that the officials get an appearance fee for the collection days which they don't want to forfeit.

But maybe that was just me and my feelings.....

ASG is really good at "breaking things" to put it lighty. No more Dome to Dome and did they not take over Kremetart, double the price and had to cancel the event. I get you have to make money as a business.. But they ripping us a new one.. Cycling has a lot to learn from Running Races. At this rate, Im also not doing any more of their races.. Emperors will be the last.. just too expensive.

Emperors R390 / 98KM = R3.80 P/KM..

Amashova R390 / 106km = R3.67 P/KM full road closure and ALOT more logistics being point to point

Fast One R290 / 97km = R2.98 /KM

R4S R310/ 116km = R2.67 /KM

R4S with Donation (which is my choice if I want to support a charity or not) =R350 / 116KM = R3.10/ KM

Now I ask you???

Yes they did. Such a pity, I really enjoy enjoyed that race.

Number collection is stopping people from entering races. Many people live just far enough to take an early morning drive to the race , but don't see their way open to collect numbers. So they just do not enter.

We have to start entering but refuse to collect a number . If it's not available on the morning you make your own. You go to the start pen and if an official gives you grief you tell him to piss off . More and more do . They will have to change the system.

Number collection is stopping people from entering races. Many people live just far enough to take an early morning drive to the race , but don't see their way open to collect numbers. So they just do not enter.

We have to start entering but refuse to collect a number . If it's not available on the morning you make your own. You go to the start pen and if an official gives you grief you tell him to piss off . More and more do . They will have to change the system.

Why not adopt a permanent number / board like SASeeding does for MTB?

It really cannot be that hard - the SAS Board is 50 bucks and contains a chip.