CWC Important Notice: IT'S TIME 22 APRIL!

CWC Online

Are a lot of people in line with the views of Angus Buchan on gender equality and homosexuality?

I find them rather regressive from what I've read.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are a lot of people in line with the views of Angus Buchan on gender equality and homosexuality?

Hardly surprising is it?

"This is not a political change. This is a Jesus change, because we need a Christian government. Today we pray to him, because he will heal South Africa."

""I look forward to the day Parliament begins every morning with the reading of scripture and prayer, because that is what South Africa needs," evangelist Angus Buchan has said" 

Quotes from News24 coverage of the meeting.

I seem to remember parliament starting with a prayer under those Nationalists who also spoke a lot about god in their politics. 

Church and state --- Politics and religion ... hoo boy ... as if things weren't bad enough.

"This is not a political change. This is a Jesus change, because we need a Christian government. Today we pray to him, because he will heal South Africa."

""I look forward to the day Parliament begins every morning with the reading of scripture and prayer, because that is what South Africa needs," evangelist Angus Buchan has said"

Quotes from News24 coverage of the meeting.

I seem to remember parliament starting with a prayer under those Nationalists who also spoke a lot about god in their politics.

Church and state --- Politics and religion ... hoo boy ... as if things weren't bad enough.

We are not allowed to comment on these threads, Brother Mamil, for fear of pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Amen ... so be it.

I would point out though that your moniker here makes you the all father's son and if we mix old norse and judeo christian myths for a moment .....

Of course i wouldn't cross you, you'd put the hammer down and bring me to my knees.

We are not allowed to comment on these threads, Brother Mamil, for fear of pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Why don't you guys just start your own thread about this? Your lack of respect for other peoples believes shows a lot about your characters. Please stop derailing threads to get YOUR points across.

May the peace of your lord which passeth all understanding be among you and remain with you always.

Why don't you guys just start your own thread about this? Your lack of respect for other peoples believes shows a lot about your characters. Please stop derailing threads to get YOUR points across.

When the leaders start making political statements it is No LONGER about personal choice or freedom of religion. When people start quoting chapter and verse in a public forum espousing beliefs that others find offensive, legitimate questions should be asked. Even someone as anti-religion (not anti-personal belief) as I am can admire the intentions of groups who want to have a positive impact or even just the organisational prowess of those involved here, but standing idly by while the leader makes political statements is just as bad as ignoring our chief potato when he invokes Jesus in defending the ANC's hold on OUR country. Valid questions of inclusivity were pooh-poohed, and others on who was to be influenced by this meeting were ridiculed. In a country where Calvinist beliefs were used to justify human rights abuses for decades, forgive those of us who think this is misguided our sin of opinion. It works both ways.

Just for the record, pointing out the folly of separation of church and state should not cause offense given the state of our world. Too much evil is perpetrated in the process of genuflecting to false idols. To some of us, patriarchy and homophobia and forced exclusivity are just more of them.

And yet STILL, all that being said, I hope that there will be positives out of yesterday. Because I may be a doubter, I may be a sarcastic bastard, but I am still hopeful in all the people of our country as I have said in another thread. But we need to be united, not divided.

Snip

And yet STILL, all that being said, I hope that there will be positives out of yesterday. Because I may be a doubter, I may be a sarcastic bastard, but I am still hopeful in all the people of our country as I have said in another thread. But we need to be united, not divided.

I think cynical rather than sarcastic.

Although cynical to some may be realistic questioning to others.

Because when people make sweeping statements about unproven deities on a public form they need to be challenged. No one's beliefs ( mine include) is beyond question or should be placed on some untouchable pedastal. In the words of Stephen Fry "you're offended? So f...in what?" I'm pretty tired of religious people claiming some sort of special unchallengeable right to have their views respected.

Its a wonderful gesture and says a lot to me.

Contrary to that, it's a shameless marketing ploy. Cwc should stick to selling bicycles, that's their business. And if they feel so strongly about it they ought to keep it to themselves and not shamelessly try to score likes on social media.

Archived