Hip bags, fanny packs... is this a thing now?

T-Bob

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy riding next to me during Tour Durban had one on.  I though it was a but "skapie" at first but in hind sight, actually not a bad idea. 

What are those pocket things on the back of your cycling shirt for then???

Or, is this an enduro shirt (ie no pockets) + fannypack thing?

Seems like a solution to a self-made problem. 

The hydration pack is in this 'moon bag'.....it isn't just for tools.

The 80's never goes out of fashion [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This thread might as well be a debate over the merits of Speedos.

I should add that I do occasionally wear a Speedo (despite the glorious logic embodied in this quip: When is it OK for a man to wear a Speedo? Never.) mind you mine does strictly go under either a bakie pant or a wetsuit...

But ja to each their own, I saw an oke the other day with the most hectic ginga mullet haircut and I just thought, forkin ROCKING it china!

Now that's where you're wrong :P

Seen it with my own eyes....ridden with 2 other girls that had it like that. Both are locals on the Rotorua trails...

I don't know whether a fanny pack is fashionable or not - I am just thrilled, as the new golf, we are not discussing the merits of the ball bag!

It fits under the shirt nobody knows i have it on...my phone...keys...blade and cash...but the best part it holds my pants up...like wearing a belt...I hate Shyte in my pockets while going for my walk...was a good buy @ R 145.

My wife has a waterproof one...a bit pricey at R280

c9158dcca8ca1446cc2965774f8b4257.jpg

This thread might as well be a debate over the merits of Speedos.

I should add that I do occasionally wear a Speedo (despite the glorious logic embodied in this quip: When is it OK for a man to wear a Speedo? Never.) mind you mine does strictly go under either a bakie pant or a wetsuit...

But ja to each their own, I saw an oke the other day with the most hectic ginga mullet haircut and I just thought, forkin ROCKING it china!

WTF is a bakie pant? Sounds like it matches the glorious mullet? Share some of that new slang with us.

Okay, I don't like the way they look. At all.

But I read about those old oomies cycling in Bicycling magazine a few months ago(The Recyclers), and noticed how one wears something similar. He doesn't care. Just like thethe Pro's don't care about saddle bags.

And that's because they know something. They know it doesn't matter one little bit. We get too caught up in how we look, instead of looking for practical solutions to make cycling more fun and enjoyable.

I think that's what this is designed to be.