Canyon Direct

Cycleboy7

Maybe if you compare Dura Ace Di2 with Etap I'd day it's close.

But the Etap will definitely be better than Ultegra Di2 I reckon. (Ito weight not durability)

Thought as much, have ridden SRAM Red on my previous bike, was pretty damn good.

Ive just heard that the eTap has a weird shifting process, but I'm sure one can get used to it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, can you alter a build?

e.g.: I see no Disc option for a Di2 bike, and only 404 wheel options on others.

Cant you choose say 303 discs with Di2 instead of Etap?

Unfortunately Canyon does not allow any changes to bike models.

You cant even choose your crank lengths or stem lengths.

Small frame comes with 170mm cranks and medium with 172.5mm cranks.

If you prefer it different from what is specced then your only option is to sell the crank/stem and buy the one you want.

This is the only thing that I think Canyon should revise.

Lucky for me my bike was specced perfectly for me.

That Canyon CX bike looks the business!! One day.......when they have stock again and I have money again.  :clap:

I know of someone that came to the airport a few days before going to the US with a similar bike he was going to purchase(Both bikes where a cannondale super six, The "going out one" was just a few years older). He got all the forms sorted. He told them he's doing it before to save time on the day. He then left a few days later without a bike but with forms saying he was taking a cannondale super six over. When he got back apparently customs checked the bike and the forms and where happy. Form said super six and bike in bag was a super six. How would they know the one bought to the airport prior to leaving was a bit older. Apparently he didn't even ride the thing properly while there, Just a pedal outside the shop in the parking lot.

This seems like a lot of effort - I've come back to SA twice with new bikes and never had anyone bat an eyelid.

Thought as much, have ridden SRAM Red on my previous bike, was pretty damn good.

Ive just heard that the eTap has a weird shifting process, but I'm sure one can get used to it.

That's a lot of cash for an uncertainty..

Maybe have a look at a build?

If you have a CSA racing licence you should be able to buy under their sponsorship thingy.

Then buy a gruppo from evans or bike24 etc.

Parts attract no duty so just cost + ATV + VAT

Edit - I have seen your stance on importing but if you get all your calculations right it is a valid option. 

I've ordered chainrings and tubbies from bike24 and they got to me in 10 days.

Edited by Jurgens Smit

This seems like a lot of effort - I've come back to SA twice with new bikes and never had anyone bat an eyelid.

Did you leave nada and back with spankers new ?

So if my old man decides to take up cycling and buys a new bag and bike to bring to to sa on his annual xmas hols then everything should be lovely jubly .

Did you leave nada and back with spankers new ?

So if my old man decides to take up cycling and buys a new bag and bike to bring to to sa on his annual xmas hols then everything should be lovely jubly .

From my experience I don't see why not.  Even the bike bag was new and shiny  :P

From my experience I don't see why not.  Even the bike bag was new and shiny  :P

it's a deal it's a steal it's the sale of the century ????????

I've ordered chainrings and tubbies from bike24 and they got to me in 10 days.

I order early in the morning and have it the next afternoon :thumbup:  :whistling:

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else on the hub, but the info from Canyon customer service is this:

We would like to inform you that we also ship to South Africa. These are the shipping costs:

Bikes: 399€
Frames or Bike Cases: 269€
Accesories: 139€

You would have to place your order via email, since your country is not in the list on our website. You would have to inform us about:

*the exact model you are going to purchase (size, colour) and other items that you´d like to add to your order (please complete name or link from our Website),
*your contact details like name, telephone, email, delivering address and invoicing address if deviating
*and your method of payment: by credit card, by PayPal or by transfer.

If you prefer you can call our ServiceCenter to place your order:

Tel: +49 261 40 4000
(Monday - Friday 8.00 - 19.00h in Germany)

About the method of payment, if you decide to pay by credit card (not debit) or PayPal (just for payments in EUR), you will receive a link in order to introduce your credit card /PayPal details. We will proceed to make a previous reservation for the total amount of the order and the real charge won´t be made until the day that your order is effectively going to be shipped. The payment will be made in just one time.

If you decide to make a bank transfer, this one should be done about 10 days before the estimated shipping date that appears on your order once you have placed it. You can pay in two instalments if necessary, but before the estimated shipping date. Please do not forget to attach your customer or order number on the concept of the transfer.

Since South Africa does not belong to the EU, if invoicing and delivering address are in South Africa, the order confirmation/preinvoice will be free of VAT.

*Please note that our prices in EUR include the VAT and our prices in USD are already free of these taxes.

NOTE: DEDUCT VAT from the Euro pricing

Now to plunder the kids' education fund... :whistling:  oh wait.... no kids...  :ph34r:

I know of someone that came to the airport a few days before going to the US with a similar bike he was going to purchase(Both bikes where a cannondale super six, The "going out one" was just a few years older). He got all the forms sorted. He told them he's doing it before to save time on the day. He then left a few days later without a bike but with forms saying he was taking a cannondale super six over. When he got back apparently customs checked the bike and the forms and where happy. Form said super six and bike in bag was a super six. How would they know the one bought to the airport prior to leaving was a bit older. Apparently he didn't even ride the thing properly while there, Just a pedal outside the shop in the parking lot.

That is if they stop you-Came back from NZ Last year after taking my bike with and returning -moerse bike box in tow and they didnt even look up from their KFC Edited by Wheelsuck

That is if they stop you-Came back from NZ Last year after taking my bike with and returning -moerse bike box in tow and they didnt even look up from their KFC

I flew in from China with some wheels in a (cardboard) box that said "Light-Bicycle" all over it. They asked if I had a bicycle in it. I said no, just wheels. They made me put it through the scanner, saw that it was just wheels and let me go on my way. I think that if I did have a bike in there they would have pushed for the duties to be paid (and any penalties). So I think it's pretty luck of the draw.

Or....... you could just obey the law and pay the duty. Flame suit on I suppose.

Thats why I asked in the other thread, whats the best legitimate way as you want to do the right thing.

But to be honest, my tax morality is so low....... but you can't preach one thing then do another.

That Canyon CX bike looks the business!! One day.......when they have stock again and I have money again.  :clap:

Sure do.

Want.

Red. Discs.