WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

send pr@cyclingsa.com and see if you get a reply....they are a joke right now.I am hell bent on not renewing my CSA licence for 2018 because i cannot see what the point is,or the benefit.More money for them to embezzle.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently online entries are open, and close in January 1970... best you get your 1980 DeLorean out if you don’t want to miss the entry deadline.

3fd0de7ad606e51fa0a316bd2d064fe9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG this is going to play havoc with age cats!

Also agree.

But here is my practical problem.

We have a small team. They want us to race. Race organisers wanting their event to be sanctioned ‘force’ you to be part of CSA, because CSA rules dictate it.

If I did not have this obligation to race competitive, I would also not have joined this scam.

fixed it, a bit... [emoji16]

Here’s the conundrum... organisers want to book a date on the calendar, and have exclusivity to prevent other organisers from staging a race on the same date. This costs moola.

To be “classified” as a “classic”, “regional”, or “fun” event, it requires a minimum prize pool. Prize categories require CSA Officials, and other basic conditions - which also costs moola.

80/20 principle... 80% of the effort, costs and infrastructure is required for 20% of the field.

Do away with the sanctioning will spare this expense, but then 20% of the field aren’t allowed to take part (unsanctioned event). The average weekend warrior will have a race that is a tad cheaper, but won’t have the racing categories. Another organiser that decides to go down the sanctioning route will get the spot on the calendar meaning a split of riders at both events (licensed riders and a small portion of the weekend warriors), while the other event has weekend warriors only.

That’s why organisers are ‘forced’ to go the sanctioning route, which adds to the cost, and forces licensed, working class mamils (and a few ladies) to buy a licence.

Do away with a licence for Vets, and leave it with the UCI categories (Junior, U23 and Elite).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still don't understand why you don't need a CSA licence for 947

They classify it as two events, a race and a fun ride, just so happens to be on the same day on same roads. Simple

They classify it as two events, a race and a fun ride, just so happens to be on the same day on same roads. Simple

Same reason you can’t win 94.7 with the fastest time. Two separate events.

I wouldn't trust CSA as far as I could spit. They replaced the old licencing system on the basis that the new one is free but then add on a system fee per license making it more expensive to support

I get that but what prevents other organisers from doing the same as saving the CSA headache? 

Here’s a thing. In 2014 I took out CSA membership when I entered Karoo to Coast. I received NOTHING from CSA to confirm that. However, later in the year I got a CSA membership number off an entries database from a race I’m involved in organizing. 2016 I try to join/renew my membership but can’t access the system because I don’t have a password. Fine. So I try registering on the system as a new user. But can’t. Because, member!! So I email them to ask for help. Get some gargly reply that I must register online. Reply to that. Nothing... so I phone them. They will look into it and get back to me... I’m still waiting.

Used the CSA number to do an entry but unable to renew my membership.

Nazdarovya!!

I get that but what prevents other organisers from doing the same as saving the CSA headache?

You have to get clearance under the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act which includes a requirement for sanctioning from the national sports body, CSA here. They use that to threaten you. The PPA-CCT-CSA court case made mincemeat of that as I understand things, so now they can, in theory, only threaten licensed riders.

In practice there’s also the calendar issue mentioned above. And they have in the past sent out threatening emails saying they will close down events. There’s also the liability issue so organizers will usually try do everything by the book to cover themselves.

You have to get clearance under the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act which includes a requirement for sanctioning from the national sports body, CSA here. They use that to threaten you. The PPA-CCT-CSA court case made mincemeat of that as I understand things, so now they can, in theory, only threaten licensed riders.

In practice there’s also the calendar issue mentioned above. And they have in the past sent out threatening emails saying they will close down events. There’s also the liability issue so organizers will usually try do everything by the book to cover themselves.

AFAIK the PPA/CSA court case outcome did not over turn the requirements for sanctioning of the event, but did rule that the sanctioning does not have to come from CSA, but can also be PPA.

Perhaps 947 runs under PPA? But PPA is not represented in Gauteng, so I doubt it

ppa are part of the problem -they won the court case so they dont need to get

sanctioning. but their whole defense was a lot of smoke and mirrors b*****t,

they now request sanctioning for all their events. their b******t came to bite

them in the bum. csa are their own worst enemies , no smoke and mirrors just

plain ignorance of what is actually happening in the sport they are

supposed to be administrating. they are about 20 years behind times.