WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the riders haven’t made required “donations” yet.

After they have to pay for the mechanic's flight the donation may be too small and they may not even go represent.

We may only see the mechanic there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

So in the reply from MB (CSA), he mentioned that Lotto no longer provide them with funding, since end of 2016. Browsing through the photos on www.cyclenation.co.za I notice the advertising board behind the podium... top right corner.

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.51.59 AM.png

... They just don't have money for a new advertising wall banner

????

Edited by Pulse

I Stand corrected, but only first 3 bunches need csa license, rest is non sanctioned

Lots events do this now to save money, only racing groups are sanctioned

Don't confuse "licenced", with "membership".

I can't see how an organiser will be able to get away with what you are mentioning here.

Turn back the clock 20 odd years, back to Gotty Hansen's days.

How did they survive back then? There was no Lotto funding and no extortion charges a.k.a license fees for the fun riders.

Maybe just sound management principles

Edited by Longbarn Killer

Don't confuse "licenced", with "membership".

I can't see how an organiser will be able to get away with what you are mentioning here.

Not confused.  

Don't think so.  The Lotto banners were also on full display on the street barriers in the last final 200 m.

Had Very quick look through Lotto reports, so don't take this as 100% correct

Lotto payments 2017

http://www.nlcsa.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-AR-August-Final.pdf

99267 Eastern Wheelers Youth Cycling Club R100 000,00

75858 Kremetart Cycling R82 800,00

102113 Western Cape Cycling R1 835 935,00

Lotto payments 2016

http://www.nlcsa.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/NLC-Annual-Report-2016-Online.pdf

46691 South African Cycling Federation 4 325 953,00

46691 South African Cycling Federation 4 325 954,00

Interesting:

62549 Chess South Africa R2 000 000,00

Edited by Karman de Lange

Turn back the clock 20 odd years, back to Gotty Hansen's days.

How did they survive back then? There was no Lotto funding and no extortion charges a.k.a license fees for the fun riders.

Maybe just sound management principles

I suppose you could write a book about what is different.

As a start back then there were proper structures in place that seemed to work. Riders all belonged to a club. There were only a few clubs. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry with a bunch of mates that form a club. And these clubs had chairman, club captains etc. the club took responsibility for development of their riders etc.

Clubs had the responsibility of hosting races that were on the SACF calender. SACF provided the officials, like they do now. But he club organized the event, catering Marshall's etc.

Clubs belonged to a provincial organization, that one again had some officials as administrators.

They would select teams etc from the clubs to participate at National events. You could not just enter SA's. You had to be selected. And yes, mostly self funded by parents.

SACF selected National teams etc. hosted National events like SA's and Rapport Tour.

So other than bad management, I don't think much has changed at SACF/CSA level. They still manage National events and provide officials for events.

The difference is firstly the structures below that are disfunctional. Everybody is in it for what they can get out of it. No interest in developing the sport in most cases.

Race organizers are now profit organizations. And our regional bodies are useless, as well as most clubs.

I don't know for sure, but back then the SACF received some government funding. But everything seemed to work because the structures below them worked.

I am sure a lot more can be said and debated and would take pages.

This is just my humble opinion.

I don't expect much more from CSA so hence not disappointed. A bit like MP's :-)

And if you go look at most sports the situation is much the same. People bitching about what does the governing body actually do for the money they receive. And in all cases the recreational sportsmen is perceived to be ignored.

Problem is also, now nobody does anything for free. Back then administrators did it for love of the sport. Now nobody will give up a day to officiate or assist at events without compensation.

Edited by gtr1

I just don't agree with the last bit.....there are lots of people doing their bit for free for cycling and taking their own money to fund some cyclists teams and clubs however these are the people who stand up and voice their opinions about the wrongs in CSA and are not part of CSA capture therefore these people are blocked at every turn from getting any voluntary position in CSA.....ask me I know and experienced this first hand.

PS There is a CSA AGM in Johannesburg this week end if I'm not mistaken.....my sources tell me there is a motion on no confidence going to tabled against William Newman.....let's see if it's supported.

I just don't agree with the last bit.....there are lots of people doing their bit for free for cycling and taking their own money to fund some cyclists teams and clubs however these are the people who stand up and voice their opinions about the wrongs in CSA and are not part of CSA capture therefore these people are blocked at every turn from getting any voluntary position in CSA.....ask me I know and experienced this first hand.

PS There is a CSA AGM in Johannesburg this week end if I'm not mistaken.....my sources tell me there is a motion on no confidence going to tabled against William Newman.....let's see if it's supported.

I don't disagree with you. Maybe I was harsh in saying nobody. There are many people offering services etc for free. But as you say, outside of the official structures.

My comments mainly referring to 'official' capacities.

They have a true love for the sport, and used to be the people inside all the structures.

Had Very quick look through Lotto reports, so don't take this as 100% correct

Lotto payments 2017

http://www.nlcsa.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-AR-August-Final.pdf

99267 Eastern Wheelers Youth Cycling Club R100 000,00

75858 Kremetart Cycling R82 800,00

102113 Western Cape Cycling R1 835 935,00

Lotto payments 2016

http://www.nlcsa.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/NLC-Annual-Report-2016-Online.pdf

46691 South African Cycling Federation 4 325 953,00

46691 South African Cycling Federation 4 325 954,00

Interesting:

62549 Chess South Africa R2 000 000,00

And Kremetart didn't take place last year either.

And Kremetart didn't take place last year either.

So did ASG get that money? Seeming they were meant to organise the race....................

So did ASG get that money? Seeming they were meant to organise the race....................

If you don't spend lotto money as in your application you have to pay it back.

What ASG actually did nobody would jnow except ASG.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk