Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

D - D batch

L - Long

Some races (think R4S, R4V) have long and short(er) distances. You'll see some of the riders in the shorter distance will perhaps be seeded AS. Not certain why the DL applies in this case.

At 947 there is no long/medium/short differentiator.

DL at this race means official Double Loop. No need to drop your chip in your pocket. You get credited on Racetec for both laps.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do with your chip on the second lap? Do you just put it in your pocket?

If you ride DL, no need to sneak in and remove your timing chip.

Seems it might be a bit more difficult to sneak in for a 2nd lap unofficially this year.

The start layout has changed, possibly to manage the issue seen previously where people go through the loading gate prematurely to wait for their start group before the start line and thus creating congestion. They might have processes in place to try to limit unofficial 2nd lappers...

If you ride DL, no need to sneak in and remove your timing chip.

Seems it might be a bit more difficult to sneak in for a 2nd lap unofficially this year.

The start layout has changed, possibly to manage the issue seen previously where people go through the loading gate prematurely to wait for their start group before the start line and thus creating congestion. They might have processes in place to try to limit unofficial 2nd lappers...

How is this going to be done when they did not have an option to enter for a double lap? Or was there?? I don't remember seeing it.

CTCT invites eligible(good enough seeding) riders for a double lap. I have not received that email.

My seeding for this year is B. I'll try and reseed too after the next 4 races. Hopefully they will be good enough and that I will be fit enough to do a respectable time. I have ambitions of riding vets next year, so I want to start bleeding out of my ears in A this year.  :mellow:

All this chat about double laps hurts my head !

Im greatful to get round once, would never make 2 laps, would be circled by vultures for sure.

Anyway, start time is 7.05, K group.

Last year start time was at 9.00 so stoked to be off earlier.

Starting in E group...targeting sub-3. Let the training begin, starting with Suikebos on Saturday, what time do they open the gates?

VF (6:03) for me. Upgrade from A last year. Also planning an unofficial double lap this year, hopefully....

VF for me too and also rode in A last year. Not so sure about the double lap.

VB

Thinking of droping back. Was sick for 2 months with pneunomia and limited training also picked up a couple of kg's.

I am a sucker for pain but I am not that dumb ... or am I.????

Hey guys,

Im confused by my seeding, I have a lower seeding then my brother but I am starting 45 minutes later then him??? Does age make a different to where the #CC places you or does the seeding index already take that into account. he is 31 and Im 28.

Im really confused by it?

Hey guys,

Im confused by my seeding, I have a lower seeding then my brother but I am starting 45 minutes later then him??? Does age make a different to where the #CC places you or does the seeding index already take that into account. he is 31 and Im 28.

Im really confused by it?

Welcome to the mystical art of seeding :thumbup: 

I have a lower seeding than my best mate and he is starting 2 batches earlier than I am, so it happens. Don't know why though, haha.

#reseed

Welcome to the mystical art of seeding :thumbup:

I have a lower seeding than my best mate and he is starting 2 batches earlier than I am, so it happens. Don't know why though, haha.

#reseed

Lol Joy :)

I have emailed them, but then did they mess his up or mine :)

My index is 73.90 and im Starting at 8:04 with Y. Could that be correct? Anyone else with a similar index?

Starting in E group...targeting sub-3. Let the training begin, starting with Suikebos on Saturday, what time do they open the gates?

7 as I recall