Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

Yeah I think Floyd has better things to do and agreed, Floyds zero will still be zero. Connor must stick to what he is good at and that is MMA. I watched the stand off and he was actually a bit more mature than the Connor from previous years. He even shook Donalds hand(remember when he fought against Masvidal?). I think he may have learnt a bit of respect in his time off. Look, there will always be smack talk in the interviews but that is the nature of the sport but when the guys still shack hands and laugh you can see they still have respect for each other.

I also got the impression that connor is coming into this fight with more respect for his opponent 

.....still hoping connor gets his face smashed in , can't stand the guy 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also got the impression that connor is coming into this fight with more respect for his opponent 

.....still hoping connor gets his face smashed in , can't stand the guy 

I think Cowboy is going to take it, but not easily. I think they going to bliksem the day lights out of each other. I don't think either like to grapple, well I think that is the case with most of the lightweight/welterweight division guys. Connor has a very bad grappling experience with khabib nurmagomedov. So they will avoid that. There will be take downs but I think as soon as they realise it's not a clean sub then they will get back up. 

The whole night will be awesome, some really exciting feature fights and I am loving how Dana White is putting more and more ladies fights in all over the place. I often enjoy the ladies more, they are so physical.

I see connot challenged mayweather to A rematch , think it will be unlikely to happen and if it does result will probably be the same

Just another mismatch

I think Cowboy is going to take it, but not easily. I think they going to bliksem the day lights out of each other. I don't think either like to grapple, well I think that is the case with most of the lightweight/welterweight division guys. Connor has a very bad grappling experience with khabib nurmagomedov. So they will avoid that. There will be take downs but I think as soon as they realise it's not a clean sub then they will get back up. 

The whole night will be awesome, some really exciting feature fights and I am loving how Dana White is putting more and more ladies fights in all over the place. I often enjoy the ladies more, they are so physical.

Disagree on the grappling.  Cowboy is a very good grappler and he has an amazing takedown technique.  I think he will want this fight on the ground.  Hard to call but i think Cowboy has lost 2 mnay lately i think 4 out of his last 5.  SO this could be his swansong.  My call Mcregor to win in the 5th.

Disagree on the grappling.  Cowboy is a very good grappler and he has an amazing takedown technique.  I think he will want this fight on the ground.  Hard to call but i think Cowboy has lost 2 mnay lately i think 4 out of his last 5.  SO this could be his swansong.  My call Mcregor to win in the 5th.

I see McGregor is still ranked 4th despite being out for so long with Cowboy 5th. Interesting that his ranking is still valid. Yeah I agree that Cowboy has a power takedown but I think most of his takedowns result in a very quick finish but I don't think he will be able to finish someone like Connor that quickly like Nurmagomedov did. So yeah he is a good grappler but he needs someone who is weak on the ground to capitalise. That being said, grappling is supposedly one of the hardest techniques to master and with Connor being out for so long he may have lost a bit of edge so maybe Cowboy will take advantage. I can't wait, it's going to be epic. It will be good to see Connor come back and challenge Nurmagomedov at some stage. He apparently isn't interested in Masvidal. That would be a good BMF title fight though.

I can't remember, have Cowboys last few fights been against top 10 guys? It's a very tough division this.

I can't wait, going to be such a good night(or morning rather) of fighting.

I see McGregor is still ranked 4th despite being out for so long with Cowboy 5th. Interesting that his ranking is still valid. Yeah I agree that Cowboy has a power takedown but I think most of his takedowns result in a very quick finish but I don't think he will be able to finish someone like Connor that quickly like Nurmagomedov did. So yeah he is a good grappler but he needs someone who is weak on the ground to capitalise. That being said, grappling is supposedly one of the hardest techniques to master and with Connor being out for so long he may have lost a bit of edge so maybe Cowboy will take advantage. I can't wait, it's going to be epic. It will be good to see Connor come back and challenge Nurmagomedov at some stage. He apparently isn't interested in Masvidal. That would be a good BMF title fight though.

I can't remember, have Cowboys last few fights been against top 10 guys? It's a very tough division this.

I can't wait, going to be such a good night(or morning rather) of fighting.

They've both been talking up a big game promising to keep the fight standing, so I doubt we will see too many offensive take downs, probably only if one of them is on the backfoot. 

Cowboy tends to go for submissions often right after he has knocked his opponent down, as opposed to ground and pound like most other fighters.  Either knocks the opponent out straight or rocks them and submits.  Cowboy also doesn't always do too well when fighters press him too much, like Diaz for instance.  Conor does like to sit back and counter with the strong left, but has been shown to press a bit more in recent fights.

I've got Conor for this fight, but not by much.

Wow . That was I pressured by CM. He really had a plan and educated to perfection by mobbing slow starter cowboy. This division is getting better and better now . I think next fight must be CM v Masvidal. It will be massive. No direspect to Usman but the fans want to see JM v CM. I’m sure Dana is salivating at getting that fight Organized will be massive. Then winner fight Usman.

Wow . That was I pressured by CM. He really had a plan and educated to perfection by mobbing slow starter cowboy. This division is getting better and better now . I think next fight must be CM v Masvidal. It will be massive. No direspect to Usman but the fans want to see JM v CM. I’m sure Dana is salivating at getting that fight Organized will be massive. Then winner fight Usman.

Conor should also be able to do a quick turnaround to the next fight as he didn’t take a single shot

Cowboy was a disappointment he must hang up his boots. ( see what I did there)

But this has setup so many potential great fights

CM vs KAbib 2

Cm V Masvidal

CM V Usman

Cm V Colby

Good times for ufc

CM vs KAbib 2

Cm V Masvidal

CM V Usman

Cm V Colby

Good times for ufc

Cowboy still got fights left in him.  He's just not a top top fighter, just can't take that step up to the championship level, but can still fight any top 3-15 fighter and win, in entertaining fashion.  

Call him a gate keeper or whatever, but the man can still fight and more importantly (for Dana at least), can bring in plenty $$$ for the UFC.

CM vs KAbib 2

Cm V Masvidal

CM V Usman

Cm V Colby

Good times for ufc

But yes agreed with the potential match ups.  Khabib however won't be interested for a while and will decline any offers.  Conors best hope for light weight title is for Tony Ferguson to beat Khabib.  Ferguson will give Conor a shot.

Colby's still gonna be out for a while, think Conor wants to fight before then.

Masvidal would probably be the biggest money draw at this stage, given his 2019.  But like always, fighters will be lining up, begging Conor for a fight and that big payday.  Masvidal would make sense as he doesn't have an opponent lined up.

I think Dana just saw $$$$$$$ when Herb Dean called that. Conor coming back is going to make him even richer.

Really looking forward to see what Dana has lined up for Conor this year. 

But our next big fight to look forward to is our Local World Champion Kevin Lerena defending his belt on 8th Feb in Germany. DSTV are usually pretty on the ball with boxing and even show a lot of the smaller bouts so no doubt they will air this one. Can't wait to see Kevin retain that Belt.

https://www.boxingscene.com/kevin-lerena-vs-firat-arslan-finalized-february-8-germany--143555

• 3 weeks later...