Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

So now that the champ is out, who will wear the lightweight belt next? The 4 guys being mentioned to fight for it are Conor, Justin, Tony and Dustin.

My opinion- Tony, as hard as nails as he is, is too old now, Conor can't decide if he is retired or fighting and he just thinks UFC evolves around him(yes he is good but he isn't consistent enough anymore to represent a champion).

So I would love to see a Justin vs Dustin rematch for the belt.

Connor amd Dustin. Is on the cards apparently

Winner from that faces Tony and winner from that faces Justin

Probably won't happen but that's what I imagine

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Connor amd Dustin. Is on the cards apparently

Winner from that faces Tony and winner from that faces Justin

Probably won't happen but that's what I imagine

Yeah Connor and Dustin is in the pipeline for early next year I believe. Connor wanted it at some football stadium in texas but Dana is not interested. But this fight has been in the pipeline for a few weeks now. Connor is calling it a charity fight as he will donate to Dustins charity.

I like your prediction. I would like Dustin to beat Connor and Tony then see Justin for the belt, But that is a lot of fighting for him, especially if they all go 5 rounds so it will probably be spread out over a whole year.

Yeah Connor and Dustin is in the pipeline for early next year I believe. Connor wanted it at some football stadium in texas but Dana is not interested. But this fight has been in the pipeline for a few weeks now. Connor is calling it a charity fight as he will donate to Dustins charity.

I like your prediction. I would like Dustin to beat Connor and Tony then see Justin for the belt, But that is a lot of fighting for him, especially if they all go 5 rounds so it will probably be spread out over a whole year.

I find it very hard to support Conor. His behaviour detracts so much from his ability.

Not sure how to respond to 4 people in one shot so I’ll answer here.

I don’t believe (along with many others) that the weigh in was legit. Did you guys watch it? There was speculation that he had done a big weight cut and you could see that in his actions. Anyway, the scale had not even settled when they slid the weight back to the side and called it ok. Every single other weigh in was done correctly and the bar was given time to settle.

There’s plenty of video to explain what I am saying.

Please don’t think I’m saying this trying to say he’s a *** fighter. He’s one of the best I’ve ever watched. Make no mistake. Absolutely exceptional athlete!

But I believe the UFC pulled a move there and it taints the win for me.

I don’t believe (along with many others) that the weigh in was legit. Did you guys watch it? There was speculation that he had done a big weight cut and you could see that in his actions. Anyway, the scale had not even settled when they slid the weight back to the side and called it ok. Every single other weigh in was done correctly and the bar was given time to settle.

Please don’t think I’m saying this trying to say he’s a *** fighter. He’s one of the best I’ve ever watched. Make no mistake. Absolutely exceptional athlete!

Hmmm... fair comment I guess, given the videos doing the rounds. Not sure if UFC254 was sanctioned, but I'd like to think UFC is simply too big a sport to pull something like that. But sadly money talks, and calling off your main event would cost them big $$.

Hmmm... fair comment I guess, given the videos doing the rounds. Not sure if UFC254 was sanctioned, but I'd like to think UFC is simply too big a sport to pull something like that. But sadly money talks, and calling off your main event would cost them big $$.

If he missed weight, they would probably have not called the event off but rather ask the opponent if they still accept the fight and if yes then he would loose his winnings. Just about every weekend there is an oke that misses weight and the fight still goes ahead. 

Ja maybe they did pull a move as to make the viewers believe all was fair. Not cool.

I find it very hard to support Conor. His behaviour detracts so much from his ability.

Agreed big time. Before his first retirement when he rose to the top so quickly and got all rich and famous he was seriously big headed and arrogant. All the shenanigans before and after the Khabib fight was pathetic(by both of them!!!!!!). Then when he fought Mayweather, he was still arrogant but I thought it was slightly toned down. Then when he made short work of Cowboy he seemed very mature and humble, I mean he even had a laugh and chat with Donalds gran! 

You don't hear about the other guys much outside of the octagon but then they haven't made as much money. Maybe it is all this bad behavior that has made him so rich.

If you guys are on twitter. Jon Anik has a interesting thread about picking fighters for the belt. Very well worth a read with all the comments. Some very valid points and some okes are just not lekker in the head.

• 5 weeks later...

anyone know if the Jones/tyson fight is gona be on super sport ? 

can't seem to find it 

4am tomorrow morning 

Trying to decide whether to stay up / get up early and watch it. Could be incredible or could be two old dudes limping about the ring

Trying to decide whether to stay up / get up early and watch it. Could be incredible or could be two old dudes limping about the ring

I think the former , when they started talking about it I thought it was going to be boring and someone might get badly hurt 

but this is going to be hectic , someone might still get badly hurt tho 

anyone know if the Jones/tyson fight is gona be on super sport ? 

can't seem to find it 

4am tomorrow morning 

I also couldn't find it, also didn't see it on repeat for the next few days. Pity, I really wanted to watch it. I believe it was a draw. How many rounds did they fight(doubt it was 12)? Wonder what the score was(did they just give them each 10 per round because it was an exhibition fight)?

0e6d23e0124ea49967c156a836c8c6ba.jpg

8 Rounds of 2min in a small ring.

Went the distance and I actually enjoyed the fight. Ended in a draw which was a good decision IMO.

Lekker man. Thanks. I am keen to see the score card. Any knockdowns?

0e6d23e0124ea49967c156a836c8c6ba.jpg

8 Rounds of 2min in a small ring.

Went the distance and I actually enjoyed the fight. Ended in a draw which was a good decision IMO.

I saw that Nate robinson was trending on Twitter so watched that and then was promoted to watch this fight after. So watched a bit. The guy is still pretty amazing considering his age. Apparently they had more protective gloves as well.

As for that Nate robinson fight before... What a joke. But snoop dogs commentary was legendary