Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

Good Morning of fights yesterday.

Wilder vs Fury was a good one. Those 2 have some very interesting walks to the ring(if you can call what Tyson did a walk). I am impressed at how long Wilder lasted after that shot to the right side of the head in the 3rd. That was definitely the hit that rattled him. Then the singing by Tyson after the match was entertaining, interesting song choice. Those 2 boys are BIG!!!!

Felder vs Hooker...................Hmm, hometown scoring? Think Felder got done in there but the age old story, to avoid judges controversy, finish the opponent. Hooker is a lot like Mayweather, he likes to run around the ring a lot. From the interview afterwards it seems like Felder is done though, misses his family too much when traveling.

Yeah Wilder had a tough time, and can claim that he would have done better had he not busted his ear so early.  He has 30 days to call for a rematch, even though everyone wants to see Fury fight Anthony Joshua now to unify the belts.  Will be interesting to see what plays out if he requests the rematch.  Dillian Whyte is the mandatory next challenger for the WBC belt, but none of them care about any of this anyway, money talks.

Felder/Hooker, I didn't know how to score it.  After 1 and 1/2 rounds I had decided that the fight was Hooker's, but Felder came back strong, and by the end I had no idea.  I really think it was the ultimately ineffective take down at the end which swayed the scoring.  Can't take anything away from Felder though, he left it all out there and has always been an exciting fighter, just never quite good enough to make it to the top.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Isreal Adesanya has apolagised for his twin towers comment towards Yoel Romero. When I first saw that he had said that I immediately thought he would come under fire. These okes can say some silly things at these press conferences.

Our local World Champ, Kevin Lerena tweeted last week that he wants to move up to heavyweight...........

Not a good idea, he's too small for a natural heavyweight. Will have to bulk up a lot, and then he stands the chance to loose some of his speed and mobility.

Fury vs Joshua. Will be interesting, but I cannot see Fury beat Joshua, unless he lands a haymaker or punch similar to the one that put Wilder out of commission.

Fury is strong, and he can land the odd punch. He is very awkward and not a technical boxer at all. Most of his punches is "arm only" with little to no weight behind them, and he is flatfooted when he throws his punches. His left "jab" is not a jab at all, he pushes his arm out with an open glove, when he connects it is with the palm of his open hand, no power there at all, he basically just push his palm into his opponents face.

Joshua is a very skilled and technically correct boxer, and he can throw a decent punch (question is, can he take one?) I think he is too good for Fury, and should, on any good day, be able to outbox Fury.

But that's only my take on it. Lots of people will differ.

Not a good idea, he's too small for a natural heavyweight. Will have to bulk up a lot, and then he stands the chance to loose some of his speed and mobility.

Yeah I was also surprised. His comment was along the lines of he's done everything he can in his current division. Reading between the lines I think he wants a new challenge.

Looking like Wilder is going to activate his rematch clause. In which case we won’t see Fury Joshua this year.

Wilder is also claiming he wasn’t hurt in the fight, and has blamed the weight of his walk out costume, saying it wore him down and he didn’t have the legs for the fight. These guys...they should really think about what the fans will think when they hear these kinds of excuses. But I guess it’s his first attempt at trying to convince everyone that they want to see a 3rd fight

Looking like Wilder is going to activate his rematch clause. In which case we won’t see Fury Joshua this year.

Wilder is also claiming he wasn’t hurt in the fight, and has blamed the weight of his walk out costume, saying it wore him down and he didn’t have the legs for the fight. These guys...they should really think about what the fans will think when they hear these kinds of excuses. But I guess it’s his first attempt at trying to convince everyone that they want to see a 3rd fight

LOL that costume was pretty intense. My Lightie thought he looked like the marvel character GROOT. He should have been carried out like the Gypsy King.

Just excuses. He got tagged hard with almost the very first haymaker overhand right that Fury threw. After that you could see him get flatfooted and lost his "control of the ring"

Fury then just walked him down, throwing punches almost at will, with little to none coming back from Wilder. 

Only a haymaker of his own would have swung that fight back into his favor. Not even that one point deduction would have helped him if it went to the score cards. 

Just excuses. He got tagged hard with almost the very first haymaker overhand right that Fury threw. After that you could see him get flatfooted and lost his "control of the ring"

Fury then just walked him down, throwing punches almost at will, with little to none coming back from Wilder. 

Only a haymaker of his own would have swung that fight back into his favor. Not even that one point deduction would have helped him if it went to the score cards. 

Agreed, once he ate that first monster blow, he was on the back foot. Fury ate his punches and kept on throwing haymakes. That man can eat a punch

Must have been a friggen heavy costume.

The heavy weight division needs the Fury Joshua fight before a third rematch

Claimed to be 18kg, many of us moan about 18 grams extra on our bikes.

Says he only tried it on for the first time the day before.  With so much on the line, so much money in the fight, surely they would have been smarter about it all.

But yes agreed, with the Heavy weight division gaining some popularity finally, it is time for the fights that the fans want.  But, the cluster F... that is sport of boxing probably won't allow that.

So silly, all this showmanship.

In "my day" the guys was focused while walking down to the ring, maybe did a jig or two once they entered the ring, threw a few sparring punches, and then got down to business once the bell rang. They let their fists do the talking.

They were fighters first and foremost, now they must be entertainers too.

:thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Its a bit old, but whoa its got some pretty chilling conversations. I knew the dude had some personal issues but not quite to this extent. Mental health is no joke. 

I have a new appreciation for the dude.

• 3 weeks later...

So with CTCT disrupting my UFC viewing I had to record this weekends fighting. I only got a chance to watch it last night. I knew the results but stayed away from any news as to how the fights went.

The ladies fight, WOW WOW WOW those 2 were incredible, that was one of the most brutal fights ever, both were unrecognisable. Little to no grappling which was the only downside for me.

The men, my word I almost fell asleep. That first round was pathetic, 2nd not much better. Dana should have pulled them both aside and given them a talking to. Also pretty much no grappling. Yoel looked so much bigger than Israel but only half a pound. Guess the 4 inch height advantage is where the weight comes in. He genuine didn't look like he should be in that division. I would like to see rematches of both fights in the near future!

• 6 months later...