Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

Anyone watch the UFC this morning ?

LAst two fights were pretty disappointing , smart fights by the winners but I was expecting two spectacular slug fests 

Reyes just didn't seem to get going, very disappointing after such a promising rise and super close fight with Jones.  I'm not all that stoked about what the LHW division has to offer since Jones is going to HW.  I suspect we will see the belt change owners relatively frequently in the next few years.

Adesanya/Costa went more or less how I expected, but I did expect Costa to be a bit more aggressive.  Easy to say from the sidelines though, when someone as skilled as Adesanya can slip the big punches with relative ease.  Costa was visibly frustrated with his inability to touch him, and he  goes home humbled.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch the UFC this morning ?

LAst two fights were pretty disappointing , smart fights by the winners but I was expecting two spectacular slug fests 

I am not a fan of the stylebender but he is very good. The way he can lean back to miss a hook or jab and then throw a hook at the same time is matrix stuff. I saw a video of him and Dan Hooker sparring during lockdown, They were kicking the daylights out of each other(they had shin pads on though). 

Lekker to see them back on fight island. Have you watched the documentary about the making of fight island? Dana White is so well connected.

I see the Tyson vs Jones bout has been postponed to end November. I am starting to wonder if it will ever happen.......

• 4 weeks later...

So who's as excited for tonight as I am

Little more than 2 hours till 'IT' S TIMMMEEEEEEE!!! '

Just a few more minutes. I'm rooting for Gaethje but Its going to be one hell of a fight. Been a good evening of fights up till now. Glad we got to see cutelba get ko, that last bout between those 2 was embarrassing.

No ways that Khabib made that weight cut. Sorry...

He’s an unbelievable talent and fighter. No argument there. But I have a bad taste now in my mouth...

He’s an unbelievable talent and fighter. No argument there. But I have a bad taste now in my mouth...

??

What are you talking about?

LOL. Hope you forgot the comic sans.... 

Gaethje is a very good fighter and seems like a decent guy outside of the ring, but this was always going to end badly for him. Khabib is simply too focussed on the job, too good on the ground, and sticks to his fight plan. It's worked so well for him

Why do you say that? He was seriously relieved that he made weight.

Wow he absolutetly monstered Gaethje.  He is just so much better than anbody else.  Well done Kabib you truly are the GOAT.

So the 3 judges scored 10-9 JG, 9-10 KN and 10-9 JG for the 1st and only full round. But although I was hoping for JG to take the belt, I kinda knew all along that the second KN got to the ground it was  lights out for JG. His last 3 bouts were all won from submissions with a neck choke of sorts. Mcgregor, Porier and Gaethje.

So now that the champ is out, who will wear the lightweight belt next? The 4 guys being mentioned to fight for it are Conor, Justin, Tony and Dustin.

My opinion- Tony, as hard as nails as he is, is too old now, Conor can't decide if he is retired or fighting and he just thinks UFC evolves around him(yes he is good but he isn't consistent enough anymore to represent a champion).

So I would love to see a Justin vs Dustin rematch for the belt.