Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use NordVPN, set my area to the USA or Germany and you have full access to the website.

Hi Guys.

Need some help or advice on headset bearings, do I need to buy a whole headset or just the two bearings? It looks like a need these parts

Building the frame up so I need quite a few things

its 2016 Jeffsy Comp

post-59319-0-52552700-1594800473_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bomberman

Hi Guys.

Need some help or advice on headset bearings, do I need to buy a whole headset or just the two bearings? It looks like a need these parts

Building the frame up so I need quite a few things

its 2016 Jeffsy Comp

take the bearings to any LBS, they should have spares in stock

take the bearings to any LBS, they should have spares in stock

the frame came without bearings, so I have no idea what size or spec they should be

the frame came without bearings, so I have no idea what size or spec they should be

Is that photo you shared your headset? Because that photo has bearings in it (blue ringed ones). Otherwise just take what you have to your LBS

Is that photo you shared your headset? Because that photo has bearings in it (blue ringed ones). Otherwise just take what you have to your LBS

got those of the website shows the headset assembly, basically just need the two bearings and covers

Something like this I guess

post-59319-0-74985100-1594806067_thumb.jpg

Just the 2 bearings.

The bearing dimensions should be on the side of the bearings. Pay attention to the outer race and internal race chamfer angles. Some headsets call or 45 while others are 360

https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/headset-standards#:~:text=The%20bearings%20are%20a%20slip,a%2045%2Ddegree%20bearing%20seat.

what I can see from the specs its a 45, I stay in a remote area so my parts get shipped.  

Edited by Bomberman

That is the headset used by the aluminium frames, carbon frames use a different one as far as I'm aware