Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

Tempted to strip the paint of my jeffsy and running her raw....anyone stumbled upon one like this yet?

also if raw would  it require a clear coat over as a final finish?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... Say I have R50k burning a hole in my pocket.

What are the chances of getting onto a Jeffsy?

Give Black Sheep Bikes at Hoogekraal a shout... they do YT in SA and I'm sure they can help with that burning sensation

Give Black Sheep Bikes at Hoogekraal a shout... they do YT in SA and I'm sure they can help with that burning sensation

Only in theory unfortunately, me and some friends have been been asking for the last 6 months but to no avail. Blacksheep has to wait for YT to setup their website for RSA sales again. You need to buy directly from their site and Blacksheep is simply there to service YT’s. Frustrating situation.

Edited by Pyka

Aha. So basically import yourself and pay the premium on duties. 

Edit: The site keeps directing me to https://za.yt-industries.com/

There goes that idea. I can't even look at the specs.

give them a shout out on +27 79 877 2071

Aha. So basically import yourself and pay the premium on duties.

Edit: The site keeps directing me to https://za.yt-industries.com/

There goes that idea. I can't even look at the specs.

Yes exactly the problem. YT has to setup the RSA site and until then we cannot buy. Blacksheep will just tell you the same but perhaps they know something more around when this will be. I’ve tried to contact YT directly but no replies. Kinda bummed about the experience unfortunately Edited by Pyka

Local dealer support is highly underrated in bike purchasing. Although as far as I know  YT typically  does not have any proprietary parts. Standard bearings sizes etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure they would appreciate a call 22:00 at night when I'm doing "research", how difficult can it be to stop redirecting us to a blank website.

I'm not necessarily in the market for a YT but this doesn't really inspire confidence in their operation.

give them a shout out on +27 79 877 2071

This doesn't inspire confidence for their operation.

Edited by hansolo

The lack of support and the fact that I can't even access the site for first hand specs and geometry information pushed me away from a brand I really like. 

The boutique brand that I am going with has all the information on their international site and their local agents are super helpful and informative. 

The worst part is now waiting for my rolling chassis to arrive at my door. 

The lack of support and the fact that I can't even access the site for first hand specs and geometry information pushed me away from a brand I really like. 

The boutique brand that I am going with has all the information on their international site and their local agents are super helpful and informative. 

The worst part is now waiting for my rolling chassis to arrive at my door. 

I agree and am also really disappointed in YT in this regard. If not to individuals then just at least provide some helpful info to your "partners"...in this case Black Sheep as they also have no clue as to when, what, how.

​PS, by clearing some cookies/cache there is a way to get onto the German site to view the specs but that just made me even more miffed that I can't get hold of one so perhaps stay away ;D

I tried with all the hacks I could (short of a VPN) to get onto the site. No go. 

Also had no luck with Black Sheep. Left messages on email, Facebook, and voicemail. No call back in about a week now. 

It's not like I can quickly drive to them and pop in for a chat. 

• 2 weeks later...