Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

So the fork setup has be a bit puzzled, I've always been someone for the 150mm to 160mm range which I dont think would be a problem on this bike. Whats would be the suggested travel on these bikes?

Some mixed opinions in this forum but I think everyone agrees that the 140-150 mark is the best fit.

I just went from 140 up to a 150 and I love it but the 140 always felt great as well. So rather focus on the best fork deal in that range and go for it.

Edited by Pyka

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some mixed opinions in this forum but I think everyone agrees that the 140-150 mark is the best fit.

I just went from 140 up to a 150 and I love it but the 140 always felt great as well. So rather focus on the best fork deal in that range and go for it.

See what the axel to crown is on the original spec, and if this on the mark with the 150mm you find, then Bobs your auntie!

but at 140mm this bike will still rock....my last two bikes were also rocking 160mm forks, by my Jeffsey with 140mm feels just awesome as a package.

congrats and enjoy whichever option you go with 

So the fork setup has be a bit puzzled, I've always been someone for the 150mm to 160mm range which I dont  think would be a problem on this bike. Whats would be the suggested travel on these bikes?

hahahahaha we discussed this the other day in the postes above!

If you're a 150/160 kind of rider go for it. I enjoyed the bike at 140/140 more, but in depth ramblings are a few posts up

Nice acquisition.... I can say with certainty that if you are disappointed with the bike, you're doing it wrong!

I have gone to 160 for trip to BC and Utah.... and must say jeffsy was better at 140 ... might try 150 for the steep Hogsback trails , or maybe just longer dropper

See what the axel to crown is on the original spec, and if this on the mark with the 150mm you find, then Bobs your auntie!

but at 140mm this bike will still rock....my last two bikes were also rocking 160mm forks, by my Jeffsey with 140mm feels just awesome as a package.

congrats and enjoy whichever option you go with 

Thanks Hairy, really stoked about the build.

Im still a bit divided on the fork though, bought a full boost wheel set so now I need to get a boost fork. (Scouting from the classifieds) budget around R3500 -R4500

Option 1 a Rockshox sektor 150mm

Option 2 a fox 34 140mm

Option 3 a 27.5+ SR Suntour Aion 150mm, limits my tyre choice

Also thinking of keeping with a 140mm fork as I will be doing more flat areas or long distance (Moving to Kathu) BUT... having the 150mm just looks so cool. 

Im still a bit divided on the fork though, bought a full boost wheel set so now I need to get a boost fork. (Scouting from the classifieds) budget around R3500 -R4500

Option 2 a fox 34 140mm

Also thinking of keeping with a 140mm fork as I will be doing more flat areas or long distance (Moving to Kathu) BUT... having the 150mm just looks so cool.

It’s going to be a bit difficult to find a fork that does that frame justice at that price. Out of your listed options the Fox 34 might be the best choice. A Rockshox Revelation would also be a good starting point if you can find one at that price.

The cool thing about the Rev is that in time you can upgrade the internals and basically end up with a new spec Pike.

What wheelset did you buy?

Edited by Pyka

Option 2 a fox 34 140mm

specifically which 34 fork is that ... if the one that only comes as OEM, then buy it right away ... a little heavier, but the stanchions are a slightly thicker material (Also meant to be a cheaper alum) that makes is stiffer.

It’s going to be a bit difficult to find a fork that does that frame justice at that price. Out of your listed options the Fox 34 might be the best choice. A Rockshox Revelation would also be a good starting point if you can find one at that price.

The cool thing about the Rev is that in time you can upgrade the internals and basically end up with a new spec Pike.

What wheelset did you buy?

Rapide TR29-30SL wheelset, they should do the job?

post-59319-0-32092200-1592154426_thumb.jpg

It's difficult for people like you who only ever ride on the cycle lane to make proper speed assessments.

I don't even get to do that anymore :(

Duane... Why are you pulling your brakes? You can't slow down while in the air!! :devil:

I believe the word you are looking for is covering. That's on the new up trail at Jonkers. So so so good. Edited by Duane_Bosch

Rapide TR29-30SL wheelset, they should do the job?

Yeah those will be perfect...nice and wide for some serious rubber