Has anyone used bike-discount.de?

feister

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought over 10k worth of components from them earlier this year with no problem.

As mentioned their DHL postage option is not DHL Express, so the 28 odd euro you pay for postage is normal postal service via our SAPO.

Hi,

Ok, thanks a lot everyone, really helpful replies from all.

To summarize:

- bike-discount is excellent, cheap and trustworthy

- although no-one really trusts SAPO they have also been good

- package should take around 4 weeks including SAPO delay

So thanks again I am going to go ahead and order my Tacx Vortex through bike-discount and hope for the best.

Cheers

Feister

After reading this I am contemplating taking the risk with SAPO........

(Scratches head....)

As others have said, never had an issue with SAPO (and imported plenty packages).  This shipment actually look longer to get here than going through customs and delivery by SAPO.

Only small issue however was that BD ship using DHL Paket (Deutche Post), and give you a local German Post tracking no., which means you can only track it through DHL (with a bit of delay).  Not really an issue, but you cant track it with other international tracking or SAPO when it arrives in SA as they use an international tracking no. (EE-xxxxx).  When I started asking BD if they could get an intnl number for me I got the SAPO notice to collect from my post office, so didn't ask further.

As others have said, never had an issue with SAPO (and imported plenty packages).  This shipment actually look longer to get here than going through customs and delivery by SAPO.

Only small issue however was that BD ship using DHL Paket (Deutche Post), and give you a local German Post tracking no., which means you can only track it through DHL (with a bit of delay).  Not really an issue, but you cant track it with other international tracking or SAPO when it arrives in SA as they use an international tracking no. (EE-xxxxx).  When I started asking BD if they could get an intnl number for me I got the SAPO notice to collect from my post office, so didn't ask further.

you can get the local tracking number by phoning Customs or the JIMS centre. 

I use sapo all the time, locally and internationally. I have yet to have issues. Speed services also works well.

+1. People overrate SAPO's bad service waaayy too much. A few years ago they really were bad, but that's changed.

Not sure if these guys will deliver in SA but their service is brilliant.

https://www.bike-components.de/

And prices are also very good.  Will propably buy my Garmin next week or so from either them or Bike24

Bike 24 has a better price on Garmin and they ship to SA whereas Bike-Discount.de wont ship to SA. 

Hi,

Ok, thanks a lot everyone, really helpful replies from all.

To summarize:

- bike-discount is excellent, cheap and trustworthy

- although no-one really trusts SAPO they have also been good

- package should take around 4 weeks including SAPO delay

So thanks again I am going to go ahead and order my Tacx Vortex through bike-discount and hope for the best.

Cheers

Feister

You will receive it even when the SAPO takes over from the SA side. I ordered two Tacx Bushidos in March and received them about 4 weeks later.

Just be mindful, DHL they use in Germany is not the DHL international and therefore you cannot use the tracking number to see where it is. My package was in Germany for 10 Days before leaving their shores to SA.

DONT panic and all will go well.

Bike 24 has a better price on Garmin and they ship to SA whereas Bike-Discount.de wont ship to SA. 

1€ diff on the Garmin Edge 820 ;)  We have quite an array of websites to look.  Luckily we have supporting websites like Heisse.de and idealo.de that can also help find good deals.

besides CRC, Merlin, Evans, bikeinn and bike-discount....any other legit online stores you guys can know off?